Different store screenshots for different countries - is it possible?

vmnoodle71

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I have a windows phone app - for which I want to have different screenshots of store for different countries is this possible to do ?

loverusham

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
1. Click Properties
2. Supported Cultures
3. Select your Languages where you need screenshots

Done. :smile:

Last edited:

MatLoz

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
It is definitely possible to have localized screenshots. We did it in our game (Shuttle Shuffle) without any problem for french and english, just upload them on the app description section.

luke_f

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I think that it is actually required in the store rules to upload localized screenshots, if you provide a localized version of the app. At least that is how it was when I first uploaded my app in two languages. You definitely have to select and upload screenshots for every language separately and I would strongly suggest to use localized screens there, so people see that they really get your app in a localized version.

Adarsh Urs

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes it is possible,

Just localize your app to all the countries that you want to show different screenshots, then you can (have to) upload different (or same) description, logo and screenshots for each language on dev center. That way you can use different screenshots for different countries.

If you just want to show different screenshots (without providing different resource (string) file for each country ), modify Languages element of your app's manifest file.

Example

Code:
<DefaultLanguage xmlns="" code="en"/>
  <Languages xmlns="">
        <Language code="en-GB" />        //English - UK
        <Language code="fr" />                //French
	<Language code="de" />              //German
	<Language code="it" />                //Italian
	<Language code="es-ES" />       //Spanish - Spain
        <Language code="pt" />              //Portuguese
        <Language code="pt-BR" />       //Portuguese - Brazil
	<Language code="ro-RO" />      //Romanian - Romania
	<Language code="kn-IN" />       //Kannada - India
  </Languages>

Then upload different screenshots (along with same or different app logo, description) with a single XAP file to dev center

luke_f

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
If you just want to show different screenshots (without providing different resource (string) file for each country ), modify Languages element of your app's manifest file.
I would recommend to check the store rules before going that way. I think that if you put up a localized store entry, then also at least the relevant parts of the app need to be translated. At least, that is how I remember it. But could be wrong and a bunch of rules were removed a few months ago...

Adarsh Urs

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I would recommend to check the store rules before going that way. I think that if you put up a localized store entry, then also at least the relevant parts of the app need to be translated. At least, that is how I remember it. But could be wrong and a bunch of rules were removed a few months ago...

I don't think it is against the rule. If it is, there is another work around. Include all languages string file but don't translate them, let them be in English. Then add different description and screenshots for based on country country.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99