Help to build a basic windows phone 8.1 app

createwww

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I would like to build a basic app for Lumia 830 for the business I work at and wondered if some one could help me - this app would never be a money generator as it is for internal use only. I downloaded Microsoft Visual Studio to try and learn myself but to be honest I have know idea where to start, would some one be able to help?

Concept of the App is to have five pages including the menus page as below:
Menu / Start up page
Page 1 - About us
Page 2 - Contact Details
Page 3 - Form 1
Page 4 - Form 2

About us
* Series of text discussing my business to my employees

Contact Details
* Company Name
* Address
* Phone
* Website

Form 1 and Form 2 pages
* Series of questions that require answers to that when each form has been completed a button to submit to an email address

If anyone would be willing to assist me I would be grateful - I think once the basic design is started and I can open it in Microsoft Visual Studio then I should then be able to continue with it but I am sure I would still require additional assistance - or is there a better way to build the app.

If you can help me please email me at markallen1975@outlook.com - sorry I don't have any funds to pay for any form of support :(

Thanks Mark.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You may also want to check out the online App Studio Microsoft has available. It's great for simple apps, and the code can be dropped into Visual Studio when things get fancier.

As for learning to program, Channel 9 has a great C# course and then one for Windows Phone. (both free) that you can have fun with.

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I have looked at both before posting this message but really am struggling with it.

Making an app like the one you described would be easier to build on App Studio. They also tell you how to code it. If you do plan to Publish it to the Windows Phone Store, Buy a developers account.

Olander418

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
This is how we are going to do:
1. You draw images of each menu
2. The images have to be 480 pixels wide and 800 pixels high
3. These images should be as exact as possible, this means no free hand drawing and also button texts and other stuff should be included
4. Name the images with descriptive names, not something like m1, m2 etc
5. File format should be .png
6. Zip these images and send them to leevi.olander@live.com
7. I will send you the code

Note: I'm usinge Visual Studio 2012 and I have not yet downloaded the WP 8.1 sdk which means that this app will target WP 8.0, but this can probably be changed. Also think about the design as I won't make any changes to it. One more thing: the email thing, I'm not quite sure if I am able to implement it in the way you desire but something quite similar is possible.

The way you described the app makes me think that I could finish it up in a day or two so send the images as fast as you can. BTW I will leave the colors as they usually are(black and white), but you may make changes to these later.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
This exercise to make a simple App is interesting to me. I also have wondered about the steps to take. I hope the two of you continue to update this forum string, sharing each of the basic steps as you progress.

Maybe others will help, in the spirit of educating the community. I don't know programming but maybe I could help with one of the 480 x 800 png images?
Would they be RGB or CMYK?
Resolution 72 dpi?

Let me know if I can help. Krusharcht at aol dot com

Best Wishes.

Olander418

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
This exercise to make a simple App is interesting to me. I also have wondered about the steps to take. I hope the two of you continue to update this forum string, sharing each of the basic steps as you progress.

Maybe others will help, in the spirit of educating the community. I don't know programming but maybe I could help with one of the 480 x 800 png images?
Would they be RGB or CMYK?
Resolution 72 dpi?

Let me know if I can help. Krusharcht at aol dot com

Best Wishes.

Well actually I can post the code here when I've got it finished up.

About the images: I do not know too much about dpi, but the standard setting in my graphics editing program is 96 dpi. And yes they should be RGB.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Well actually I can post the code here when I've got it finished up.

About the images: I do not know too much about dpi, but the standard setting in my graphics editing program is 96 dpi. And yes they should be RGB.

Thank you, that is good information to know. Now I know more than I did before. I hope any correspondence can be copied here, so others (and I) can maybe learn a little something.

Best Wishes.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre