Where can I start

Meteyy

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
You have to know any programming language foe WP or Win, then you can start to develop applications for the WinRT or WindowsPhone - if you want to publish your applications in store, you must establish a dev account. If you're a student register is for free :)

riccardo proietti

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I began with javascript and html5. Then I compile the project with cordova. It creates visual studio project. Then you can build the project and get the xap file. Then you can upload your xap on the store.

espacepublishing

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Another option is to go down the multi-platoform app developement route. This will allow you to easily port your applications to all the major platforms including windows, apple, android.

If you're interest then check out Cordova/PhoneGap, Titanium/Appcelerator or Xamarin

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I have some basic questions and hope somebody can answer them. It's quite complicated to begin, because there are lots of versions of Visual Studio and for everything you need another one and I'm quite confused.^^

What I want is to build a simple app for private use for my Windows Phone, which is currently running with Windows 10 TP build 10086. On my computer is Windows 7 installed (I had to return to 7, because I just couldn't update to build 10130, not even with the iso)
So, do I need another Windows version? Because I read, that I need at Windows 8.1 to develop apps, which seems quite silly, if it's true. And what Visual Studio Version do I need?
If I decide to make a Windows app or universal app, which Visual Studio Versions do I need in this case?
And If I want to make a Windows 10 universal app, what do I need in this case?

Btw. my motherboard doesn't support Hyper-V, if this makes a difference.

Thank you for some clarification, because it's quite confusing what I need for what and where I can find it...

srmocher

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
You need at least Visual Studio 2012 and Windows 8 to start developing universal apps for Windows 8/8.1. Since Hyper-V isn't supported by your hardware, you won't be able to use the emulator that comes with VS. Instead, you need a Windows Phone can be used for USB debugging. For Windows 10 apps, you need to have Windows 10 itself installed along with Visual Studio 2015.

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Thank you, that's something I can begin with :)

But there are still questions about Visual Studio:
I downloaded Visual Studio Community 2013 with Update 4. Is this the right Version? I can't find an Option to program apps, which could be because of Windows 7. Or do I need another version, like Express 2013 with Update 4 for Windows?

srmocher

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Yes you can use that VS version. Express version is outdated now and it has limited features compared to Community edition, which was released recently. You need Windows 8 or newer version to start developing Modern/Metro UI apps.

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Okay, I installed Visual Studio Community 2015 on my SP3 with Windows 10 TP Build 10130 and then installed Universal Windows App Development Tools, like it is explained here: https://dev.windows.com/de-de/downloads/install-dev-tools-visual-studio-2015

When I click on New Project in VS, I have under Visual C' -> Windows three Options. "Windows Universal", "Windows 8" and "Windows Desktop". My guess is, that all three are only Windows 8 apps, but how can I program Windows 10 apps?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3