Why my game isn't listed but can be found in search?

Filip Moeglich

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I've made game called "Wiggly" with windows phone 8.1 silverlight.
I succesfuly published it two days ago and for now there is only few downloads of game and i'm sure it's only by my own advertisement on web.

Today I opened windows phone store on emulator ( for now I don't have device with wp ) and I go to "New + rising games" and scrolled for so long time.... and there wasn't my game. It can be searched by writing "Wiggly" but below icon text says "0 rates" but on web are 2.

Maybe this is by emulator, but maybe there something went wrong in microsoft with my game? Or I have to wait few more days to get my game listed? But there wasn't any info in my dashboard.

I'm worried because I suspected more players than less than ten :/

FinDev

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

The "New + rising games" will not show all new games. Microsoft has changed the way how the apps get displayed there. It's a combination of downloads and app rating and some other stuff Microsoft has not disclosured.

Unfortunately not all games will ever get their place in this category. Microsoft has said that they did this because they wanted to show users high quality apps and not all the new and not so good apps.

I hope this clarifies everyone wondering why their app may not be visible in "New + rising" category.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb