Difficulty level of making a WP app

Lelouche Lamperouge

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,
I would like to make an app. But i have no idea about its difficulty level. Say for eg i want a make a camera app, on the scale of 1-10, with 1 being as easy as editing videos to 9 being as difficulty as making an animation in adobe after effects, how difficult is it.

And suppose if made this app, what r the requirements necessary to publish this in the windows store. Do i have to pay MS to do tht?
Thnx

sam6691

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
U don't need to pay anything for Microsoft for publishing a app, but if u earn more ( greater than $1500 ) then u have to give 30 % of share to Microsoft....

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Have you got the tools,eg visual studio.Do you know any programming,c++,java ? Its not that easy to just create an app if you dont know what your working with from the start

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Yea i have visual studio. But not gud with c++ or java. How imp is it in the process of making an app

I Have experience programming android apps with java.The only reason why I went on to android development was because I had 3 years of java behind me.I wouldnt have been able to understand it otherwise.For windows development you will generally be using C#.I would suggest you start online tutorials in this and move on from there

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Moved to Developers Corner forum, since this is a topic that fellow developers will be better able to assist you with, rather than ordinary users.

Spyros P

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Your scale refers to skill levels totally unrelated to those required for programming.

In my experience, the Windows Phone development tools are generally good, the target hardware is specified, the documentation is decent, so I guess that making an app is not hard. Compared to other platforms, I find it as easy or hard as developing for iOS. I think the iOS documentations os better maintained though. I have no experience with Android, but judging from fellow developers, the dev tools are less polished and the hardware base is so broad, that it can be harder.

Of course, making an app and making a good app are two different things!

In any case, having Visual Studio means nothing. Starting from no programming knowledge at all, developing for any specialized platform is hard.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett