Argh! Edge problems

anon(9435020)

May 1, 2015
Visit site
1. I would like to start with my previous tabs open but would like new tabs to open showing Bing.com. Is there any way of doing this?

2. I would like new tabs to have the cursor in the address field instead of the search field. Can this be done?

3. I would like Edge to NOT force me to reload my tabs when I switch to them (like say, Microsoft Language Portal will not search unless I first refresh that tab if I have been using another tab in Edge for a while).

I love how few system resources Edge uses, but this 3 things are getting more and more annoying.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
1. I would like to start with my previous tabs open but would like new tabs to open showing Bing.com. Is there any way of doing this?

2. I would like new tabs to have the cursor in the address field instead of the search field. Can this be done?

3. I would like Edge to NOT force me to reload my tabs when I switch to them (like say, Microsoft Language Portal will not search unless I first refresh that tab if I have been using another tab in Edge for a while).

I love how few system resources Edge uses, but this 3 things are getting more and more annoying.
1. The search field is powered by Bing. I know this isn't opening to Bing, but the search field is powered by Bing.
2. The search field operates as the address field as well.
3. I do not have a solution for this (actually, I have not real solutions for any of these things, haha).

anon(9435020)

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for trying, lol. I would like to be able to type in URL's without the browser searching for them, that's why I want the cursor in the address field.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would like to be able to type in URL's without the browser searching for them, that's why I want the cursor in the address field.

So, when I open Edge and type a URL into the search field, say "google.com", Edge just goes to that URL. There's no... searching going on that I can see.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
It is searching you're probably just typing too fast for you to see it. That is what happens with me. I never see the searching, at least I see it just as much as I saw it in IE.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I type in neowin and instead of going to the website or looking through previously visited websites it searches for it.

Ah, in that case, yes. Without anything identifying it as a URL, the browser must treat it as a search term. Try neowin.net though, and you'll go straight to the site from that same field. Once you enter neowin.net, you'll see it auto populate after that.

Of course, that's the same way every browser works. Typing neowin into the URL field won't bring up neowin.net until it knows neowin.net as a visited site.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3