Is anybody happy with Edge?

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
As soon as I opened Edge and noticed I could not control all the flowing junk ads all other web pages I never used it again. Each time I try to use it and it 1st downloads ad pics pushed down my throat I close it switch to FireFox.

eastlawyers1

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
A very uncomfortable experience: It notice me that I can't launch it with the built-in administrator account. And I have to create a new account ,or use the third-party browser. How strange!!!

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I am a developer, learning to code. So pretty much all the time I have Visual Studio and a browser open (because I always have to search and read a lot on the web about coding). One thing I noticed is, Visual Studio and Edge both would get really when I was using them simultaneously.

Then I though about switching to Opera, and I did. After, Visual Studio runs just fine without any problem. So I am using Opera and really enjoying the built in ad blocker and free VPN.

The only reason I was using Edge is because of favorites sync, but somehow nothing is syncing between my devices for a reason I don't know. So, I gave up on Edge and very happy with Opera.

Recently they revamped the Opera browser for Android and boy, that looks really good! So, much that I wish I were using Android.

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I haven't minded Edge on my phone. Nothing to write home about but no major complaints either.

Edge on my tablet, however, has been a wholesale dumpster fire. It's by far the slowest browsing experience I've ever had on any device or operating system. It constantly freezes requiring me to close the browser and open it again. It's god awful. If it weren't for synched favorites and reading lists between my phone and tablet, I would have stopped using it already.

digitaldd

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Here's a rant on Edge that isn't Microsoft's fault using Edge to access Youtube go full screen and get a 1/4 screen ad saying Get Chrome now to enjoy a better experience, click anywhere not exactly on the small X in the upper right and you get taken to the Chrome download page.

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I have a weird problem with Edge Mobile.

My use-case. I don't like apps in the back-stack. This means, when I am on the Start screen, I don't want the back button to take me anywhere.

So, after I am done browsing, I close all the tabs and hit the back key to exit out of Edge. Many times, Edge gets stuck there. Back key doesn't take me to the Start screen, while the Start key does. I can't open a tab or browse while Edge is stuck. The only way to get out of this situation is hold the back key, and force close Edge. Then open Edge again, which loads the website again, the close the tab and back out of Edge.

This sucks big time!

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
So, after I am done browsing, I close all the tabs and hit the back key to exit out of Edge. Many times, Edge gets stuck there. Back key doesn't take me to the Start screen, while the Start key does. I can't open a tab or browse while Edge is stuck. The only way to get out of this situation is hold the back key, and force close Edge. Then open Edge again, which loads the website again, the close the tab and back out of Edge.

This sucks big time!
What page does it out if you have closed all tabs? :)

By the way I always "force-close" my apps when I'm done, I don't need them sitting there in the background.

But yes, it should leave the app after you hit the back button in your situation.

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I do like them sitting in the background because they don't show a splash screen then.

By the way, Edge sometimes freezes while it is still on that website (be it any), or when I close all the tabs, it goes to the default blank Edge page, and freezes there. On pressing back, nothing happens. On pressing tabs button, it shows no tabs and pressing back key doesn't do anything there too.

So, I have to force close it, and reopening Edge loads all those websites again (those which I was trying to close) and this time closing the tabs works.

Weird and annoying!

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if it's due to yesterday's update to .726, but Edge is constantly reloading some pages now. I was trying to read a couple of articles this morning and couldn't even get through the first paragraph without it reloading. It did it every time, and I finally gave up.

constantreader16

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I long ago edited my host file when W10 first came out and that has made the experience very good. Even without that, there seem to be very few sites that just don't work in Edge. Even on most insider builds it's pretty solid, but then again that means I'm seeing the almost weekly improvements to it.

petvas72

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I don't know if it's due to yesterday's update to .726, but Edge is constantly reloading some pages now. I was trying to read a couple of articles this morning and couldn't even get through the first paragraph without it reloading. It did it every time, and I finally gave up.
I don't see that happening on my Surface Book running the .726 build.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Comment on the mobile version: it drives me nuts that loading the blank start page shows a progress bar that takes 1-2 seconds to complete loading.. nothing! Also, if you open Edge and start typing in the address bar, more often than not it minimizes the keyboard after half a second. Build 15014. And reloads of already open pages is still bad after many months. Other than that it's good. :)

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
I haven't used edge for a while. It's annoying that I can't sort/move bookmarks, or open several bookmarks in one go (i.e. select, say, 7 bookmarks and open them in tabs all at once). It's so annoying, that I don't actually use edge anymore. There are other things that annoy me, and although I can't remember them right now, it all comes back whenever I decide to try edge again to see if it has improved.

Edge Mobile is unusable, since I can't have any sort of advert blocking on it - native or plugin. It's ridiculous in that regard.
I was hoping that at some point I can use both mobile and PC Edge, due to to all the syncing, drawing, and so on.

Faisal Islam2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I am not so happy with progress of edge! It still laggy on pc & mobile as well! Moreover it consumed too much battery! Microsoft needs to improve its edge browser

tonytranupg

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
I don't use Edge. It's just a browser I use to download Google Chrome and Firefox. The thing is that I familiar with both of them than Edge. In the past, I don't use IE as default browser.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
If I got it correctly, I'm not the only one who doesn't have all my favorites synced. It just didn't sync some of the favorites from my mobile to PC.

And like I said before - we still don't have data saving. That's what I miss for now.

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs