Any way to "force sync" edge ? I'm missing my favourites and passwords on my new 950

elangab

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Both PC and Lumia are running Windows 10 14393.576. Using the same MS account, and I checked that the "Sync" option it on. Tried turning it on/off, rebooting the device and I even hard reset the Lumia after upgrading to .576 but it didn't help. It's been almost 48 hours now.

Any way to force sync ? Does the initial sync takes more time ? Known bug with .576 ?

Thanks for any tip and help!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried logging out of your Microsoft Account on your PC and then logging back in? Maybe that will force sync the account.

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Did you get this work? I have been battling with this for over a week. I have tried logging with a local account, running scans as I found on MS support site, created a new user, gone through services. I setup a new MS account that worked fine but not my primary account.

Opened a ticket with MS, worked with three different techs. They out me in contact with level 2 support. After a week level 2 tells me favorite sync is not supported!!! He tells me this is not supported in Edge. Did MS kill this feature??

I think he is not telling me correct info.

Chubbynaga

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Its an ongoing issue with some people including me. My 950 and SP3, other PCs stopped syncing everything for a few months now. Extremely frustrating. Keep hammering the Feedback hub and hopefully MS can look into it.

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
So an update to all. My ongoing case has made it to two level 2 support techs. The last tech says he will send the case to MS cloud research department. He did say that MS is aware if the problem and they are working on it. Whatever that means. Seems like this has been going on for months

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm saying no bookmarks will sync. After 3 days my favorites on my phone is still empty. Every other device I have syncs together fine and almost immediately but not phones. Same thing happened to my 1520 when I upgraded to Win 10 mobile, the favorites would not syn to or with it either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium