Reseting my Phone Again

niyoko

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The worst thing about having a locked Windows Phone while living in another country is region setting. URGH!!! They are the worst thing to be stopped by and the best thing to give you a headache.

The Marketplace that you can access is determined by where your Windows Live account thinks you registered. In my situation I want to use my Windows Live account that is tied to my Xbox Live and Zune account that I registered while I was in the US. Now, I live in Japan. That is great, but when I tied my existing Live account with the IS12T I soon noticed that I couldn't download the address transfer app from AU KDDI. I reset and created a new Windows Live account that gave me access to the AU apps, and I soon discovered blocked me from the US Marketplace.

The Marketplace is not the only thing that you loose when you are outside of a Zune supported area.

Well I reseted the phone many times because I don't know which account to use. I don't want to have to choose! (ToT) So far I've kept my US account on the phone for a couple months. It's ok. I've learned that it's having to give up seeing my avatar and adding achievements to that account that I care about the most. The Zune services, like the LACK OF PODCASTS in the marketplace that annoys me, but I can live without it.

Today, I'm reseting again... to my Japanese account. (-.-;;

niyoko

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I looked up how to transfer my XBL account to another Live account, and it is possible. My big worry is that it will change the region for my XBL account. I wonder if I loose access to my content. I still need to talk to them.

On a side note. I run into a lot of Japanese gamers that own or want an Xbox, and it is getting talked about more lately because of Kinect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6