Ps4 or xbox one choose your side!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
That sadly wont be an option specially when the PS Vita is selling more in Japan than the WII U.
I honestly don't care.
Just wait till the next SSB or Mario Kart comes out.

PS. That was only for Japan, and it was just for one week. The PS Vita had one game...that was it. On the other hand, the Wii U...has a lot to look forward to.

Last edited:

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Xbox One for sure. Dedicated Azure servers on all Xbox One games is the way to go. No more waiting for the game to change host in Call of Duty. Now we can have 128 players match.

Here are some benefits explained by Titanfall dev.

-You can get even more CPU on your dedicated servers to do new things like dozens of AI and giant autopilot titans!Suddenly you have no more host advantage!
-Bandwidth for the servers is guaranteed from the hosting provider!
-You can use all of the available CPU and memory on the player machines for awesome visuals and audio!
-Hacked-host cheating isn’t an issue!
-Matchmaking can be lightning fast since it’s guaranteed that everyone can connect to your servers.
-And since the servers aren’t going to go disconnect to watch Netflix, you don’t need to migrate hosts anymore!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don't care.
Just wait till the next SSB or Mario Kart comes out.

PS. That was only for Japan, and it was just for one week. The PS Vita had one game...that was it. On the other hand, the Wii U...has a lot to look forward to.

Sorry about that I get carried away when it Sony. (Sony ******)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My thoughts exactly!

A real gamer will get both

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Lol, I'm getting both but yet don't have the time to play games for a good few hours undisturbed but seriously if you live to work but not work to live.. you've had it.

Having said that I now got to decide (exclusives set aside) which game to get for which console e.g. destiny, the division lol.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Idk where you people with PS3's are living, cause I don't know a single person who has a PS3! lol every single one of my friends and their parents and sisters and cousins and dogs and aunts and uncles and grandparents and kids and grandkids all have Xbox 360's! lol

PS3 leads sales in Europe. My friends in Finland and Sweden all own PS3, I know only one who owns Xbox. Because of slight PS advatage in Europe and domination in Asia, PS3 sales are about equal to Xbox 360. MS has just been way better at monetizing the console.
PS4 with that much cheaper price will likely dominate European sales this time. Compared to the 699 euros launch price of PS3.

I'm still hugely confused what to get. PS4 will absolutely dominate here in Nordics this time, will that affect local software availibility? Also PS exclusives imo have historically been much better. In a other hand I'm hugely tied to the "8" ecosystem.

What I really want is a amazing HD Mario console. WiiU at least for now can't deliver that.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
PS3 leads sales in Europe. My friends in Finland and Sweden all own PS3, I know only one who owns Xbox. Because of slight PS advatage in Europe and domination in Asia, PS3 sales are about equal to Xbox 360. MS has just been way better at monetizing the console.
PS4 with that much cheaper price will likely dominate European sales this time. Compared to the 699 euros launch price of PS3.

I'm still hugely confused what to get. PS4 will absolutely dominate here in Nordics this time, will that affect local software availibility? Also PS exclusives imo have historically been much better. In a other hand I'm hugely tied to the "8" ecosystem.

What I really want is a amazing HD Mario console. WiiU at least for now can't deliver that.

I suppose you have some actual numbers to back that up somewhere, cos otherwise it's terribly anecdotal. For me I know one single friend who has PS3 and everyone else with a current gen console has a 360. I'm not saying you couldn't be right, but circles of friends often have the same system and as shown, my circle of friends all have Xbox while all of yours seem to have PS3 :p

Personally though I also find Xbox exclusives better for me (it largely depends what kinda games your interested in) as well as everything I have is pretty much Windows 8 (well Surface RT, but still) so I think the ecosystem is much much stronger when it comes to Xbox One. Buuut at the same time it was largely the offgaming capabilities of X1 that got me interested in getting a next gen console. PS4s offering as a "more purely a gaming console" does not interest me at it's price point. Also the fact that the X1 completes my Windows 8-ecosystem is a HUGE part of the decision for me.

I also think that the Xbox has far more potential in upcoming years to develop further and mature than the PS4, largely due to how it's tied with the "8".

EDIT: Your claim might be right though.. I couldnt find similar numbers for the PS3, but at least the Xbox 360 had a pretty small part of it's sales coming from the rest of Europe (in UK selling pretty well though). However I don't think this was/is only about Xbox vs. PS kind of thing.. I think PS3 had it so well largely cos of it's blu-ray capability that the Xbox didn't have. Especially at the recent years very cheap price points, it was cheaper to get a PS3 than an actual bluray player and perhaps play a game or two on it every now and then :D

Last edited:

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
EDIT: Your claim might be right though.. I couldnt find similar numbers for the PS3, but at least the Xbox 360 had a pretty small part of it's sales coming from the rest of Europe (in UK selling pretty well though). However I don't think this was/is only about Xbox vs. PS kind of thing.. I think PS3 had it so well largely cos of it's blu-ray capability that the Xbox didn't have. Especially at the recent years very cheap price points, it was cheaper to get a PS3 than an actual bluray player and perhaps play a game or two on it every now and then :D

You are right that European sales in general are hard to track, but the success of PS3 gets overshadowed by the US gaming media so often. That blu-ray situation is the same in US, but Xbox absolutely dominates there.
News: PS3 leads European home console sales in 2012, 3DS well ahead of Vita worldwide - ComputerAndVideoGames.com
PlayStation 3 Overtakes Xbox 360 Lifetime Global Sales | TechnoBuffalo

Like you, I'm not that into actually gaming since the last gen landed. Though I'am at least interested on Last Of US, Journey, Uncharted type of exclusives on PS. Compared to Halo and Titanfall that i have no interest at all. Quantum Break could hopefully be a sign of that changing on Xbox side.
I'm 100% sure Xbox One will be much better on software and apps on launch and even better as time passes. Both will no doubt play Netflix just as good. I got Vivo Tab, Lumia 920 and my next tablet and phone will continue to carry that Windows brand. Yet its hard to resist that proven track record on first party games on PS and 100 dollars cheaper price with a better hardware. Granted that price difference at least in Finland in reality is around 50 euros.

I really have no idea what console to get yet. Got both pre-ordered from verkkokauppa, so it could come to just what I get first. :D

JamaFello

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Going with XB1, I don't care about the rumors nor the claims. 720p native so be it, family loves the 360 - hype about the ideas and features in XB1. So yeah, sold.

o_O

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Pfft. Your puny console fights are amusing. We of the Glorious PC Master Race will find much amusement in your fit-only-for-tablets Jaguar cores and titter in gentle laughter at your 7200 RPM HDDs.

Praise be to GabeN.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Pfft. Your puny console fights are amusing. We of the Glorious PC Master Race will find much amusement in your fit-only-for-tablets Jaguar cores and titter in gentle laughter at your 7200 RPM HDDs.

Praise be to GabeN.

Even if one would largely prefer PC, I wouldn't praise Gabe, that's for sure :p

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
For me, both, start with the Xbox one, then get a PS4 as soon as title comes up I can't live without....

As for the Wii U...When I can score a WiiU even the basic model for $100, I will grab one. I just want the new Super Mario 3D land for the WiiU...one of the few games for the system I want.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa