07-03-2013, 03:19 AM #1
- 632 Posts
I ask because I'm going to buy that and an Xbox One this fall and I am curious to know if I can use the same external hdd, since it has two USB ports, for both downloadable WiiU titles and Xbox One titles. (Do I really want two hdd taking up space and power if I can use one? No, the answer is no)
How does a WiiU use external storage?
Do we think the Xbox One will use external storage like the 360 uses USB thumb drives now?
- 07-03-2013, 05:12 AM #2
Based on what the link says, I would say you can't. Consoles aren't known for handling partitions well, at least not officially.
I don't own one but I doubt anyone else does either so I thought I would help!
07-03-2013, 05:25 AM #3
- 2,731 Posts
If you were to take a 1tb HDD and set up the Wii U partition first you should then be able to plug it into a pc and resize the partition to 500gb using disk management from admin tools then reformat the left over 500gb to accept xbox one games.
Not sure if that's even possible though. Think someone would have to try it before you get a definitive yes or no.
- By Faiien in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 7Last Post: 09-19-2014, 10:25 PM
- By paddylaz in forum Nokia Lumia 925Replies: 10Last Post: 09-04-2014, 06:40 PM
- By alex2364 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 10Last Post: 07-05-2013, 03:16 PM
- By yeto in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 17Last Post: 07-03-2013, 07:46 PM
- By SomethingSomethingDarkSide in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 07-02-2013, 05:21 PM