PS4 vs XB1 Target Spec Tests: Complete Failure

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
In Theory, This Is How Xbox One and PS4 Graphics Compare

I'm urging all readers to completely ignore anything involving these tests. Software Engineers everywhere should be laughing at the stupidity of these tests, as they represent absolutely nothing relevant to either console.

You can't take a car with 200 horsepower and blindly compare it to a car with 400 horsepower. That has absolutely no meaning because there are cars with 200 horsepower that are faster than cars with 400 horsepower. The same goes for this test.

A PC will never be able to simulate a console's specs because the hardware and software architectures are completely different.

Please ignore these target spec tests. They are the definition of retarded.

Thanks.

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
not only that but games for consoles are usually optimized for the components seeing every console has the same hardware.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Having been bombarded with Eurogamers daily newsletters and reading through a few of the articles and a lot of the comment threads over the last month or two. I have come to the conclusion that the "writers" and the "commenters" wouldn't (for want of a better term) know the difference between their as*holes and their elbows.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: PS4:XO frame by frame

You can take a 200 horsepower corvette and compare it to a 400 horsepower corvette all you want. The 400 horsepower corvette is obviously faster

But does that comparison do ANYTHING AT ALL to justify the real world comparison between a 200hp Lotus Elise and a 400 horsepower Cadillac Escalade? The Lotus Elise has half the horsepower and it still twice as fast.....

These people making this benchmarks are idiots. And any computer engineer would agree lol

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Well you cant compare both because they were trying to match it using similar parts and said they still weren't the same as the console which had to be overclocked.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

To be fair to Gizmodo they do preface the comparison with "In Theory"

Eurogamer flat out went straight out with this is how it is and the PS4 fanboys in the comments section lapped it up - I made a comment about it being a stupid comparison due to consoles being stripped down OS's and my comment got negative hits until it was deleted.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
To be fair to Gizmodo they do preface the comparison with "In Theory"

Eurogamer flat out went straight out with this is how it is and the PS4 fanboys in the comments section lapped it up - I made a comment about it being a stupid comparison due to consoles being stripped down OS's and my comment got negative hits until it was deleted.

I am a PS fan but you got to be crazy to actually believe the result both are different but will still be very similar in there performance. However both are using different way of putting in the performance.

This should not even been reported, in theory tends not to be the same as the real thing.

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

I am a PS fan but you got to be crazy to actually believe the result both are different but will still be very similar in there performance. However both are using different way of putting in the performance.

This should not even been reported, in theory tends not to be the same as the real thing.

Call me crazy then. Last gen the PS3 was supposed to make babies cry and everything from those ridiculous commercials. All I heard was "cell" this and "cell" that.

There won't be any huge differences between the PS4 and XO this time around either. For one, there's too much greed and too much laziness.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
lol.. what a silly test it is not all about hardware but the complete package software being optimised / created around the hardware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte