Anyone still play WOW?

gollum18

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I think "The Elder Scrolls: Online" will be the nail in the coffin for wow. Its just been around so long, I can't imagine it garnering much attention anymore. And while there have been competitors to it in the past, they haven't had the fan base to overcome blizzard.

However, that being said, if I'm not mistaken TES: Online will be completely free to play, unlike wow. Also Bethesda does indeed have the fan base to take them on, and personally Bethesda puts out far higher quality products than blizzard. Diablo 3 was a joke, not even worth releasing, with the marginal updates from diablo 2.

Sent from the stars...

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I think "The Elder Scrolls: Online" will be the nail in the coffin for wow. Its just been around so long, I can't imagine it garnering much attention anymore. And while there have been competitors to it in the past, they haven't had the fan base to overcome blizzard.

However, that being said, if I'm not mistaken TES: Online will be completely free to play, unlike wow. Also Bethesda does indeed have the fan base to take them on, and personally Bethesda puts out far higher quality products than blizzard. Diablo 3 was a joke, not even worth releasing, with the marginal updates from diablo 2.

Sent from the stars...

I'm not really convinced on that. TES fanbase are not MMORPG-players. While TESO is still a TES game, it's too different from the previous titles. TESO might be a huge success, but it's too early to say yes. Outside the IP, it so far hasnt shown really anything that your average "herpderpwowkillernumber1235" game has the past years, all of which have failed miserably. As for payment model, I don't think F2P is confirmed yet. Also while it might be able to get a lot of players fast that way, it also loses them equally fast.

EDIT: In fact, they've confirmed it's the usual buy2play + subscription model.

"What payment model will The Elder Scrolls Online use?We will be announcing exact payment methods at a later date, but globally we will be supporting multiple payment options. Players must purchase The Elder Scrolls Online in order to play it. They will have unlimited access for the first 30 days following activation and can continue beyond that with a subscription of $14.99/month (€12.99 / ?8.99)." From their website FAQ.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't like mmos that free2play. Way too many issues. Also, I want to have a set dollar amount to pay that gives me access to basically everything.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I've been having issues with the seeker droid and the "binocular" quests... Not that they are hard... Just every time I think I'm done, there's another 3 planets to go to... heck of a lot of traveling... and picking up missed datacrons is just adding to the time it takes :/

Sorry Mase, your thread apears to have been hijacked :(

Can't help you with that. I do not play PvE content. All I do is PvP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro