Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    Just curious to see if anyone here still is playing now-a-days....

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Haven't played since Pandaria came out.

Sent from my easy-chair using brain waves

Same, left a month or 2 before Pandaria.
    I buy devices I like, not devices you like...

Global Posts
    4,452 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    I haven't played it since Cataclysm... That expansion killed WOW for me.

I dabbled in FFXIV, Rift and SWTOR... Currently, I'm playing SWTOR and waiting for FFXIV A Realm Reborn to open up this Sat. (did beta phase 4 and liked what I saw)
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Meme 8 Ball (WP8), UnClocked (WP8.1 - Themed Live Tile Clock)

Global Posts
    2,544 Global Posts
    I still play, started in vanilla and been playing on and off. I also quit for majority of Cataclysm as it was pretty bad indeed. Outside perhaps the silly panda-theme, I think MoP is the best WoW has probably ever been.

Just killed Iron Qon HC with my guild the first time yesterday!
    i gave up on WoW after WotLK, waiting for Wildstar now though.

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    I am trying to decide if I want to start back up or not. I was starting to play Order & Chaos, but I can't stand spending that much time on a small phone screen.

I would be willing to try a new game out but I don't want to have to learn a game with an overly complicated fighting system.

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I haven't played it since Cataclysm... That expansion killed WOW for me.

I dabbled in FFXIV, Rift and SWTOR... Currently, I'm playing SWTOR and waiting for FFXIV A Realm Reborn to open up this Sat. (did beta phase 4 and liked what I saw)
    What type of fighting system is in FF?

Global Posts
    4,452 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by mase123987 View Post
    What type of fighting system is in FF?
    For the most part, it is like any other PC MMO, select your target and hit icons to do your abilities, BUT this is the only MMO I have seen (except for its older sibling FFXI) that allows you to use a controller... I use one of my 360 controllers to run around... I just wish the 360 keyboard attachment worked on the PCs. If you tried the first release of FFXIV, ARR does away with the craptacular questing system in favor of a more typical MMO quest system where you just have NPCs stationed around with markers over their heads.

There is a benchmark you can download and get a feel for the games graphics... FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark (Character Creation)

I'm on the Leviathan server... "Sinime Oni" is my toons name... not 100% sure I will subscribe once that starts on the 27th... People who were unfortunate enough to buy FFXIV when it first came out get to early start on the 24th (free for 3 days I believe) ARR seems to use the same maps, but as I said, the questing system is 200x better.

Here is a video that demonstrates party play... http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/video/RYkH8g614gA
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Meme 8 Ball (WP8), UnClocked (WP8.1 - Themed Live Tile Clock)
    Thanked by:
    mase123987 likes this.

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    For the most part, it is like any other PC MMO, select your target and hit icons to do your abilities, BUT this is the only MMO I have seen (except for its older sibling FFXI) that allows you to use a controller... I use one of my 360 controllers to run around... I just wish the 360 keyboard attachment worked on the PCs. If you tried the first release of FFXIV, ARR does away with the craptacular questing system in favor of a more typical MMO quest system where you just have NPCs stationed around with markers over their heads.

There is a benchmark you can download and get a feel for the games graphics... FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark (Character Creation)

I'm on the Leviathan server... "Sinime Oni" is my toons name... not 100% sure I will subscribe once that starts on the 27th... People who were unfortunate enough to buy FFXIV when it first came out get to early start on the 24th (free for 3 days I believe) ARR seems to use the same maps, but as I said, the questing system is 200x better.

Here is a video that demonstrates party play... http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/video/RYkH8g614gA
    How much of the game is focused on group play compared to soloing?

Global Posts
    4,452 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    I didn't get far in FFXIV (original), but assume it is heavy on grouping, to the point where you have to, once you are past level 15-20ish (at least that's the way FFXI was - only the beastmaster could solo the game)

But FFXI was my favorite MMO, no other MMO has drawn me in as much... Granted, it could be because XI was my first MMO

Edit: another cool thing about the FF MMOs... One character can be any job class (after a level 10 quest and unlocking them)... You just change your gear and you are the other class... And you can use some abilities from other classes you have leveled.... For example, level a healing class to a certain point, then raise a Tank class high enough and you could use the healing spells from your tank class.
    Last edited by sinime; 08-23-2013 at 01:55 PM.

Haven't played WoW for many years now. Still play SWtOR here an there. I still really like PvP. I may try to ween myself from PC gaming once the XB1 comes out. As of right now its still my favorite.
    Support your third-party developers. There just about all we have...

Global Posts
    4,452 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by gsquared View Post
    Haven't played WoW for many years now. Still play SWtOR here an there. I still really like PvP. I may try to ween myself from PC gaming once the XB1 comes out. As of right now its still my favorite.
    I've been having issues with the seeker droid and the "binocular" quests... Not that they are hard... Just every time I think I'm done, there's another 3 planets to go to... heck of a lot of traveling... and picking up missed datacrons is just adding to the time it takes :/

Sorry Mase, your thread apears to have been hijacked :(

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    Well I bought it and downloading it right now...see what it is like once it is done.

Global Posts
    4,452 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    Which one? SWTOR, FFXIV, or other?

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    FF a realm reborn

Global Posts
    4,452 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    Cool, I think early access for preorders doesn't start till tomorrow, BUT you can use the benchmark to set what you want your character to look/sound and save it... Then when you go to play, all you have to do is load the saved character, pick a name, birth day, starting job class and server! There are a lot of things that can be customized beforehand

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    Cool, I think early access for preorders doesn't start till tomorrow, BUT you can use the benchmark to set what you want your character to look/sound and save it... Then when you go to play, all you have to do is load the saved character, pick a name, birth day, starting job class and server! There are a lot of things that can be customized beforehand
    My screen name is internationally known. I get it when I want it!

Quote Originally Posted by mase123987 View Post
    My screen name is internationally known. I get it when I want it!
    Justin bieber?
    Muessig likes this.

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m3kk View Post
    Justin bieber?
    huh?

Global Posts
    4,452 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    Meh, I can't start till the 27th :(

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    I think "The Elder Scrolls: Online" will be the nail in the coffin for wow. Its just been around so long, I can't imagine it garnering much attention anymore. And while there have been competitors to it in the past, they haven't had the fan base to overcome blizzard.

However, that being said, if I'm not mistaken TES: Online will be completely free to play, unlike wow. Also Bethesda does indeed have the fan base to take them on, and personally Bethesda puts out far higher quality products than blizzard. Diablo 3 was a joke, not even worth releasing, with the marginal updates from diablo 2.

Sent from the stars...

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    I created an official Final Fantasy XIV thread...which no one has posted in yet except me! Join...NOW! lol
    sinime likes this.

Global Posts
    2,544 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    I think "The Elder Scrolls: Online" will be the nail in the coffin for wow. Its just been around so long, I can't imagine it garnering much attention anymore. And while there have been competitors to it in the past, they haven't had the fan base to overcome blizzard.

However, that being said, if I'm not mistaken TES: Online will be completely free to play, unlike wow. Also Bethesda does indeed have the fan base to take them on, and personally Bethesda puts out far higher quality products than blizzard. Diablo 3 was a joke, not even worth releasing, with the marginal updates from diablo 2.

Sent from the stars...
    I'm not really convinced on that. TES fanbase are not MMORPG-players. While TESO is still a TES game, it's too different from the previous titles. TESO might be a huge success, but it's too early to say yes. Outside the IP, it so far hasnt shown really anything that your average "herpderpwowkillernumber1235" game has the past years, all of which have failed miserably. As for payment model, I don't think F2P is confirmed yet. Also while it might be able to get a lot of players fast that way, it also loses them equally fast.

EDIT: In fact, they've confirmed it's the usual buy2play + subscription model.

"What payment model will The Elder Scrolls Online use?We will be announcing exact payment methods at a later date, but globally we will be supporting multiple payment options. Players must purchase The Elder Scrolls Online in order to play it. They will have unlimited access for the first 30 days following activation and can continue beyond that with a subscription of $14.99/month (€12.99 / 8.99)." From their website FAQ.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    I don't like mmos that free2play. Way too many issues. Also, I want to have a set dollar amount to pay that gives me access to basically everything.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast