[#SaveXboxWP] Asphalt 8 is NOT an Xbox Title: Let's Mobilize to Reverse the Trend.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Asphalt 8 is NOT an Xbox Title: Let's Mobilize to Reverse the Trend. #SaveXboxWP

Coip, I also posted this in Windows Phone Games section, I feel it works very well there, hope you don't mind...

Btw, can you add @popcap to the list? I'd love to see PVZ2 with Xbox Live features on WP8.

That is a good idea to post it in the Windows Phone Games Section too. I should've posted it there at the start. Feel free to continue updating the original post that you made there as I continue to update the original post here with more information. We'll try to keep the conversation in this thread, though, because the more page views and replies this thread racks up the better (I've been tweeting to Microsoft execs telling them that this thread has received more than XXXX page views, and so forth).

Good idea. I've added @popcap to the OP.

phstratton

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Asphalt 8 is NOT an Xbox Title: Let's Mobilize to Reverse the Trend. #SaveXboxWP

That is a good idea to post it in the Windows Phone Games Section too. I should've posted it there at the start. Feel free to continue updating the original post that you made there as I continue to update the original post here with more information. We'll try to keep the conversation in this thread, though, because the more page views and replies this thread racks up the better (I've been tweeting to Microsoft execs telling them that this thread has received more than XXXX page views, and so forth).

Good idea. I've added @popcap to the OP.

Awesome! @AngryBirds wrote me back and said they would keep me posted when I asked why angry birds go didn't have XBL features. Maybe they plan on adding it in? I'll be tweeting to square enix to see if they're going to be releasing FFII on windows phone with XBL features.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

Temple Run 2 has Xbox integration. Mission accomplished! Lets go have a beer 🍺

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Temple Run 2 has Xbox integration. Mission accomplished! Lets go have a beer ��

This is a nice surprise. I've tweeted @imangi and @TempleRun to thank them for their Xbox on WP support, and I also included @gameloft and @rovio in the tweet to tell them to take note of all the excitement surrounding the fact that TR2 has Xbox integration! I hope this is the start of a trend back in favor of Xbox on WP. If EA were to release FIFA 14 soon and Rockstar were to release GTA: San Andreas soon, both with Xbox integration, that would be huge for the #SaveXboxWP movement. Here's to hoping.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

This is a nice surprise. I've tweeted @imangi and @TempleRun to thank them for their Xbox on WP support, and I also included @gameloft and @rovio in the tweet to tell them to take note of all the excitement surrounding the fact that TR2 has Xbox integration! I hope this is the start of a trend back in favor of Xbox on WP. If EA were to release FIFA 14 soon and Rockstar were to release GTA: San Andreas soon, both with Xbox integration, that would be huge for the #SaveXboxWP movement. Here's to hoping.

I'm really hoping FIFA 14 gets it, and knowing EA, it probably will (it'll look bad for Xbox on WP if it didn't) but I wouldn't hold my breath on GTA. I just don't see Rockstar being the type of company to go through the process, no offense to them.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Good news, everyone! Today Ubisoft unexpectedly released an Xbox-enabled game: Rabbids: Bing Bang! This is a great sign of relief since Ubisoft was arguably the next biggest publisher after EA remaining who had not yet given up on Xbox for WP (unlike Gameloft, Rovio, and MiniClip). However, don't get too complacent: there are still many great mobile Ubisoft games made for iOS and Android that they haven't brought to Windows Phone yet. So let's thank @Ubisoft and @UbisoftMobile (added to the original post) and tell t hem to keep the Xbox games coming. You can also chide them for never providing free trials with their games as there aren't any for Rayman, Babel Rising 3D, or Rabbids. Keep up the good work!

phstratton

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site

Gameloft released their new game, total conquest without xbl. Lets tweet them and ask why!

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Just wanted to report that I've witnessed @UbisoftMobile reply to several #SaveXboxWP tweets favorably--i.e. their replies intimated that future Xbox gams on WP from Ubisoft are in the works. This is promising. If we can keep Microsoft Studios, EA, and Ubisoft on the Xbox for WP bandwagon, that would at least ensure that Xbox on WP will not die out completely.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

Final Fantasy III is Xbox-enabled! By God, I think we've done it! :D

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Final Fantasy III is Xbox-enabled! By God, I think we've done it! :D

Microsoft Studios also released 3 minor Xbox games for WP this morning: Microsoft Mahjong, Microsoft Minesweeper, and Microsoft Solitaire Collection. This, coupled with the release of Final Fantasy III is good news as it means we still have the following major publishers on board: Ubisoft, Microsoft Studios, and SquareEnix. Presumably, EA is still on board too, but they haven't released a new game since September so I'm eagerly awaiting their next release to see if it's Xbox enabled. If EA is still on board and, if surprisingly, Rockstar releases GTA San Andreas as an Xbox on WP game, then we'd be sitting pretty and Gameloft, Rovio, and MiniClip would be the odd men out of the country club.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

I have decided to add some new Twitter accounts to the original post. We have focused on recent publishers like Gameloft, MiniClip, and Rovio suddenly abandoning Xbox on Windows Phone, but there are several other big game publishers who used to support Xbox games on Windows Phone 7 but have since stopped releasing any games for WP, even though they continue to do so for iOS and Android. With the signifcant growth of Windows Phone over the past year, maybe it's time to prod them to get back on board. The companies are:
  • Namco Bandai (Pac-Man CE DX, Galaga Legions, Flight Control, Puzzle Quest 2, etc.)
  • Konami (Frogger, Castlevania Puzzle)
  • Sega (Sonic 4 Episode I, Sonic CD, Super Monkey Ball 2, etc.)
  • GameHouse (Sally's Spa, Sally's Salon, Collapse, Tiki Towers, etc)

J2theL101

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

Just wanted to report that I've witnessed @UbisoftMobile reply to several #SaveXboxWP tweets favorably--i.e. their replies intimated that future Xbox gams on WP from Ubisoft are in the works. This is promising. If we can keep Microsoft Studios, EA, and Ubisoft on the Xbox for WP bandwagon, that would at least ensure that Xbox on WP will not die out completely.

It would make sense if Assassin's Creed: Pirates and Rayman Fiesta Run would be XBOX-enabled. Fingers crossed to see them soon grace WP8:smile:.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

It would make sense if Assassin's Creed: Pirates and Rayman Fiesta Run would be XBOX-enabled. Fingers crossed to see them soon grace WP8:smile:.

Agreed. I think there is a high likelihood that those two games will be Xbox certified, which would be fantastic!

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Well, the new year did not start off positively: Paul just wrote an article about 2 older Xbox games from Digital Chocolate being delisted (plus one newer one from EA that got delisted a few months back). The delisted EA game isn't surprising given that it's Tiger Woods golf and EA stopped their endorsement with him. None of the Digital Chocolate games will really be missed as they weren't very good and Digital Chocolate stopped supporting Xbox on Windows Phone years ago; the problem is the fact that Xbox games are being delisted. This is not a good precedent as it means that those who have purchased these games cannot re-download them later on (because they're not in the store). This is not acceptable and Microsoft needs to know it. I'll be tweeting them my mind about it.

Fung Kam

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Except the brand "XBox", I don't know the difference between "XBox game" and "non-XBox game" on my WP8.

How "XBox-linked Achievement" different from "in-game score"?

I just don't get it.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Except the brand "XBox", I don't know the difference between "XBox game" and "non-XBox game" on my WP8.

How "XBox-linked Achievement" different from "in-game score"?

I just don't get it.

Games with Xbox branding (green banner on the top) in the Windows Phone app store have Xbox features such as 1) Gamerscore (this is a cumulative total of points earned for obtaining achievements in games, added up across all the Xbox games you play on any device), 2) friend lists (having a set of friends across all your games and devices), 3) leaderboards (having uniform global leaderboards and friends only leaderboards no matter what game you play), 4) exclusivity.

In contrast, an 'in-game' score is just that: an isolated score that you achieve. Xbox's leaderboard capabilities make it easier to compare in-game high scores with other players, including your friends.

These features are uniform across all Xbox-enabled devices, such as Windows Phone, Windows 8, Windows RT, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. The uniformity and cumulative nature across devices and games is often seen as a great feature among gamers.

Jordan Mills

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

4) exclusivity.

That's bad. You're going to look pretty silly if you complain about publishers keeping apps exclusive to ios and/or android, then praise other publishers for keeping apps exclusive to WP.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I think that the exclusivity is more of a feature-based one, not an app-based one. It's not about keeping apps off of the other platforms, it's about having a compelling gaming feature to tout over them.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

That's bad. You're going to look pretty silly if you complain about publishers keeping apps exclusive to ios and/or android, then praise other publishers for keeping apps exclusive to WP.

I'm wasn't talking about app exclusivity. I was talking about the features of Xbox Live being exclusive to Xbox Live. For instance, Temple Run 2 is on iOS, Android, and Windows Phone but only the Windows Phone version has Xbox achievements. Thus, as Keith Wallace pointed out, even though all 3 platforms have the game, I see the Windows Phone version as being superior.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte