[#SaveXboxWP] Asphalt 8 is NOT an Xbox Title: Let's Mobilize to Reverse the Trend.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Asphalt 8 is NOT an Xbox Title: Let's Mobilize to Reverse the Trend. #SaveXboxWP

Well, well, well. Honestly, I didn't think I'd ever be reporting on this one, but it is my pleasure to announce that, on 12 December 2014, Paul broke some amazing news: Gameloft (yes, the Gameloft that started this entire movement, and whose name has always been inked in red in this thread until now) is coming back to the good side: they will be releasing new Xbox games for WP, updating older non-Xbox games so that they have Xbox integration, and so forth. This is, to put it calmly, a huge win for #SaveXboxWP. Thank you everyone. Your participating has paid off. But don't let up just yet. There is still so much more we can do to cajole Microsoft into leveraging Xbox on WP and W8. Keep up the good fight!

Maritox Cacici

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Asphalt 8 is NOT an Xbox Title: Let's Mobilize to Reverse the Trend. #SaveXboxWP

Please send messages to the Royal Revolt 2 company to get it xbox enabled!

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

On 19 December 2014, Gameloft released Brothers in Arms 3: Sons of War, a game that doesn't have Xbox integration, at least yet. Some readers are reporting evidence it may get it in the future, such as listing Xbox Live in the requirements section, but as of right now, there isn't any.

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site

On 19 December 2014, Gameloft released Brothers in Arms 3: Sons of War, a game that doesn't have Xbox integration, at least yet. Some readers are reporting evidence it may get it in the future, such as listing Xbox Live in the requirements section, but as of right now, there isn't any.

No need to despair. :p Asphalt Overdrive by Gameloft is mnow an Xbox game :)

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

On 24 December 2014, Gameloft gave us quite the Christmas present, updating two previously non-Xbox games with Xbox integration: the endless runner Despicable Me: Minion Rush and the racing game, Asphalt 8. This nullifies UPDATE 3 (Minion Rush) and, even more significantly, the original post that started the #SaveXboxWP movement (Asphalt 8) above!

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
This is great :) Asphalt 8 is now Xbox and the tile looks so much better now. I love having the Xbox banner at the top of my games. Makes it even more unique. Reminds me how much I love being a Windows Phone user.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
On 22 January 2015, Gameloft released Puzzle Pets, their third game since returning to Xbox development that doesn't have Xbox integration. They really like playing with our emotions, apparently.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
On 29 January 2015, 2K Games, the makers of the excellent but old Xbox on Windows Phone game, Civilization Revolution, finally released a new Windows Phone game, a spinoff of their upcoming Xbox console game, Evovle, titled Evolve: Hunters Quest. Unfortunately, the game is not Xbox-enabled, meaning @2Kgames has now officially joined the list of publishers who used to support Xbox gaming on Windows Phone but who now do not.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Booo....but, at this point, I can say, we cant win them all but, dam, #SaveXboxWP is doing good, glad to see more Xbox enabled games and some of the big boys back on the tablet...

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
On 19 February 2015, Game Troopers released their 2nd consecutive Xbox-enabled Windows Phone game, Make it Rain . There is a Windows 8/RT version as well. Like their previous game, Tiny Troopers, it's free to download. Be sure to thank them at @gametrooperswp, especially since they've already got more Xbox WP games coming!

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
On 25 February 2015, Gameloft released Age of Sparta, their fourth straight non-Xbox game on WP since returning to Xbox development a few months ago. Not sure what's going on with them anymore.

Maritox Cacici

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
They already said that the xbox integration its up to each team. Not every team thinks its worth to go thought the certificate at launch or at any moment

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
They already said that the xbox integration its up to each team. Not every team thinks its worth to go thought the certificate at launch or at any moment

Who already said that? You're saying that Gameloft management decided to let each of it's sub-teams individually decide whether to implement Xbox integration into their games? Do you have a source for that? That seems like an odd management decision.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos