Should I trade my Xbox one for a ps4 ?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Weigh your options. What exclusive games do you like on either platform? Which controller do you prefer? Do you like having more power for better graphics?

And, so on.

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
It's totally down to personal preference, gmerdude. All in all, it's really down to exclusive games.

You like Halo, Gears of War (maybe), Forza? Keep your Xbox One.

Like Uncharted, The Last of Us, Gran Turismo? PS4.

:)

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Buy what you like.

In my opinion PS4 is better because powerful GPU and better RAM.
Still price is less than Xbox one.

Ps4 also offer slightly better graphics.(and also higher resolution & higher fps)

But their are some exclusive games which can be deal breaker.

blindfromthesun

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I see so much misinformation in this thread. I have the PS4 and Xbox One. I've played the exact same games and demos on both. The power difference between PS4 and Xbone is so small its not worth comparing. Early Xbone games weren't optimized as well as comparable PS4 titles. In the future you'll see much more parity between the two. You can dig out Eurogamer's Digital Foundry articles comparing the X1 vs PS4 until your blue in the face- they play games to marvel at individual pixels, not have fun "playing" games. Telling someone that one console is better because its marginally more powerful is just silly. Choose the console that has the exclusives that you want, more friends own, has a better online experience, etc- or buy both like me and enjoy the best of both. Admittedly I'm partial to Xbox, however I'm not going to say PS4 is bad, far from it. I prefer the X1 controller, online and most of my friends are on Xbox. I love Halo, Gears of War, Uncharted and The Last of Us too much to only have 1 console ;P

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
The Xbox One is way better because it has a ton more features (better games too, but throwing that aside). The Xbox One is a media powerhouse. The PS4 is boring and myopic in comparison.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
My two cents:

Problem I ran into this past weekend w/ the PS4...

Wanted to stream a movie to my GF's PS4 from my laptop....little did I know, there is absolutely no streaming capabilities for the PS4 -or anything that doesn't have to do with "games" for that matter .... none, zilch... In fact the PS3 has more features in this vs the PS4...

Chromecast seems to lag on my GF's network...so that was out.

Enter Xbox One. -went home to my Xbox where anything remotely that has to do with "other" entertainment...such as listening to music, streaming media, DLNA....worked.

I'm sorry, but the Xbox One is capable of doing SO much more than the PS4 at the moment in terms of "other" entertainment. -If you want these capabilities, be forewarned...the PS4 doesn't have them. I guess Sony really wanted the PS4 to be strictly for "gaming."

BoRn2BeH4T3D

Banned
Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Xbox one has great features with Titanfall, Forza Motorsport 5, and Killer Instinct. Its upcoming exclusives include Ori and the Blind Forest, Sunset Overdrive, and expected next year as a timed exclusive, Rise of the Tomb Raider.

I'd prefer Xbox also its been cheaper than PS4 now in UK.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
If you like the way the PS4 looks, or if you like the controller and the exclusive titles that the PS4 will receive then you should definitely go for it.

In addition to this, if your friends have a PS4 and there is a certain type of social aspect to it, you should maybe go for it. Plus the PS4 also seems to more powerful in terms of the hardware so expect higher resolution and generally higher quality games on the PS4.

But the Xbox One isn't all bad, I would be happy with either if I could afford them. XD

Axejulius

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Xbox one is an entertainment hub.. And don't forget nothing is better than Kinect.. And you have a windows phone with Xbox one glass.. And the graphics doesn't differ so big enough to be different.. Plus Xbox one is a general entertainment package.. More than just a gaming console!

blindfromthesun

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Short Answer, yes.

Short answer, no. I would be sad if I only had a ps4. So far the exclusives and all of the updated features and apps have made my Xbox One the go to console in the house. Plus my 4 year old likes it more so you can guess which console is used for family gaming (Lego, Minecraft, Project Spark etc).

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Buy what you like.

In my opinion PS4 is better because powerful GPU and better RAM.
Still price is less than Xbox one.

Ps4 also offer slightly better graphics.(and also higher resolution & higher fps)

But their are some exclusive games which can be deal breaker.

This is not true for all games

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3