Favorite console?

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
My top ten. Oh and I know 2 of them are PCs but they were used primarily as game systems.

Xbox One
Xbox 360
Dreamcast
PS2
Jaguar
Amiga 500
Genesis
SNES
Commodore 64
Atari 2600

FilmXenith

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Playstation 2 was likely the console I spent the most time on, due to my love for RPGs. However, I'd say the original Playstation remains my favorite - possibly due to the great nostalgia I have for it. :)

Last edited:

FilmXenith

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Wii U by far my favorite. Waiting for the next Zelda as well.
Underrated system. Super Mario 3D world really shines on it, especially with its graphics. It's a shame more games aren't available for the system at the moment. I agree, though; the upcoming Zelda looks very promising. :)

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Underrated system. Super Mario 3D world really shines on it, especially with its graphics. It's a shame more games aren't available for the system at the moment. I agree, though; the upcoming Zelda looks very promising. :)

The best part is the ability to render large graphics with practically 0 loading times.

deansmilk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Original Xbox, hands down some of the best exclusives and original gaming experiences for me. I've had systems from an Atari as a kid, Sega master System, Genesis, N64, PS2, PC, etc. Even though I like PC more now, that Og Xbox sucked me in.

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Sony, MS and Nintendo did well until the current generation (PS4, XBOne and Wii U). Now they are treading water and celebrating it as huge success, which is disgusting behaviour.
The PS2/XBox/GameCube generation had the best games, in my opinion. There are some pearls on the PS3/X360/Wii too, but the majority of the games are just meh.
And the current generation sucks so far. They all only have mediocre hardware but the devs are praising their excuse for already hitting the limits as so-called "cinematic" experience.

So yeah, PS2, XBox and GameCube are my favorite consoles. As long as Sony, MS and Nintendo show off some real progress consoles are dead to me.
#PCMasterRace

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hard to say, but, I would say, all time Favorite, the Atari 2600 or 5200. This is where I started on gaming and will always have a special place in my heart. I still have a Atari 2600 with about 400 games with it, that I pop on time to time.

Modern fav , 360/Xbox one...

For the record as said above, Super Mario 3D land for the WiiU was an EPIC game, I actually picked up a WiiU just for that game (loved the 3DS version) and let me say it was worth it 100%. I do have a few games for the system and also looking forward to the next Zelda...

I do have a Gaming PC, PS3 and 4, 360, Xbox one, WiiU, Vita, 3DS and about every classic console out there, including 5 coin-op classic games :)

There is never enough time to play them all :(

AwesomeLewis24

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
My favourite console without a doubt is the SEGA Dreamcast. I had very fond memories of it being my first console and playing Toy Commander and Metropolis Street Racer.. that killed!

Next, comes the PS2 and then the PS3. I'm quite a fan of my PS3 now - I was interested in moving to Xperia smartphones actually because of the playstation network implementation, but Lumia stole me.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Best game console in terms of graphics? Wii U (probably just me)
Best for realistic games? Not Wii U (compliment)
Best for hardware? If you're into that get a PC.
Best for TV integration? Well there was a TV I've encountered that has built in games (very minimal, save Tetris)
Best for blood content? Virtual Boy (get it?)

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
My all time favorite has to be the N64. Followed by my 3DS, Gamecube, Sega Genesis, and SNES. I've owned/own other consoles and have had great experiences on them. But that group I named hold special places in my heart

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Here's my list, including the games that support the order while growing up from a young kid to now.

1)TurboGrafx16/CD - Y's Book 1 & 2
2)Intellivision - Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (the origin of survival horror)
3)PS3 - Uncharted series, DeadSpace series and RockBand
4)PS2 - Ratchet & Clank series, The Warriors

Still haven't grown up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro