PC stopped working after BlueScreen 24

gurpreetsingh793

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm here because I can't access PCHF (But yes mainly because I need help).

I started my computer and it said that "Windows Gadgets" had stopped working. One gadget didn't load. Then another thing said "stopped working", I can't remember what it was.

Then a BSOD.

When the PC started again itself, (after the BSOD), I checked out the small report that came up and the Bluescreen BCCode was 24 (I actually don't know what that is, but that's the only thing I know). I opened Firefox to Google it, and after I clicked on the first result and it had opened but was still loading, another BSOD came up.

Then the PC started booting up, and I was asked if I wanted to "Start Windows normally", to which I pressed Enter. Then I looked into my phone, and when I looked back, the screen was black, with a _ blinking at the top-left of the monitor.

I turned the power off.

And now the PC doesn't start. It powers up, but there's nothing on the display. I attached my USB sound card to check if it actually boots up, but no, the sound card doesn't light up so I guess it doesn't boot up, actually.

What could this problem be? I need your help!

---------------
Thoughts: I suspect this could be the only RAM stick that is attached (2 GB). From my short experience with computers, I know BSODs happen when the RAM is faulty, and so does the PC behave the way it is doing: it doesn't boot up.

But before buying RAM I would like to have your views.

?~Thanks~?

gurpreetsingh793

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Why does no one help?

Anyways, here's an update: I cleaned the RAM and the RAM slot, and it booted up, but after the Windows loading screen, a BSOD showed up.

Safe mode didn't start as well.

Repair Windows option gave an insufficient memory error.

Now I am more convinced that the culprit is the RAM stick. I will borrow a RAM stick and try.

?~Peace~?

gurpreetsingh793

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Before the issues started, were you doing anything different? Like updates or new programs etc?
Nope nothing, and everything was working fine. Everything mentioned in the first post happened after a power cut. When the power cut happened, I properly shut down the PC after reading the article I was reading (Probably took around 3-4 minutes).

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Nope nothing, and everything was working fine. Everything mentioned in the first post happened after a power cut. When the power cut happened, I properly shut down the PC after reading the article I was reading (Probably took around 3-4 minutes).

the power cut might have damaged a component as you've been suspecting. Do you have any protection for your pc? Like a UPS or surge protector?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
UPS. How could've the power cut damaged the RAM? I guess it just died because it was old, but anyways let's see.

I was assuming you had minimal protection but you have a UPS so power issues wouldn't have affected the RAM or any other component.

You could be right with the RAM but I'm not a pc technician so I can't definitely say. Can you show a technician your pc?

gurpreetsingh793

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I was assuming you had minimal protection but you have a UPS so power issues wouldn't have affected the RAM or any other component.

You could be right with the RAM but I'm not a pc technician so I can't definitely say. Can you show a technician your pc?
Don't need a technician for that, I am replacing the RAM tomorrow. Hope it works <3

gurpreetsingh793

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Quick question, why did the PC almost freeze* when a power cut happened? This never happened before.. Is this because of less RAM? Because now temporarily I have 1 GB RAM.

*almost freeze: My brother was watching YouTube on fullscreen and it froze, but the sound playing. Then the PC slowly gained consciousness, coming back to speed, and then I shut it down ASAP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo