Is anyone using a free antivirus other than Windows Defender?

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
So now it's working as a pain non-java link. Standard behavior is clicking a link opens in same window, CTRL+Click opens in new tab, SHIFT+Click opens in new window.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Thread reminded me of this recent Ars Technica article.

It might be time to stop using antivirus

Former Firefox developer Robert O'Callahan, now a free agent and safe from the PR tentacles of his corporate overlord, says that antivirus software is terrible, AV vendors are terrible, and that you should uninstall your antivirus software immediately—unless you use Microsoft's Windows Defender, which is apparently okay.

:grin:

Burandt80

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
Right now I m am using Webroot Internet Security Plus 2017 and everynow and then it bogs down my HP Notebook. In the past I was a faithful MSE with Malwarebytes user. I really dont know to much about Windows 10 version of Windows Defender but should I use Windows Defender with Malwarebytes Premium or should I keep paying for Webroot. I m just looking for suggestions

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Recently I've only been using Windows Defender, I've never had a problem with viruses, but when I was, I used Avast and sometimes when I do a clean install I might use AVG instead. Haven't used Malewarebytes in a while

claudiamartin01

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
Windows Defender does come inbuilt in Windows Operating system. There are many other antivirus software as well like Avast, Mcafee, Malwarebytes, Bitdefender and the list go on. Search on Google to get some better idea.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I've run Avast and AVG in the past, but I've been running Microsoft Essentials for several years now, and it's all I need (mostly): it's reliable, never-intrusive, and IT WORKS. I also value that it updates as automatically and transparently as any tool I've ever used (since my 1983 Kaypro 10). Although it's all I need running live, I would never be without Malawarebytes for ad hoc and crisis purposes. I think Malawarebytes has the best crisis-support teams in the industry, besides having the best tools.
Disclaimer: I am among the least-paranoid users, AND I am not a browse-anywhere kind of guy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)