Windows Live and Contacts

operand

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Anyone experiencing issues recently with contacts not syncing correctly on the phone? I am using the Focus and I recently noticed that selecting a person to text message, that the name didn't exist (which may be a result of the Phone Number not associated to the contact). However, the contact isn't even there even though the person existed two days ago. I also noticed that the majority of my contacts are missing information such as the First Name and important Phone Numbers. I raised the question to @WinPhoneSupport via twitter but so far, no response.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
they only thing i could sugest doing is:

- go on your Live account
- make sure all contatcs are Properly Orgonazied
- Hard reset your phone :(
- resync and hope it works.

if thes wp7 are ANYTHING like the old Wm 5.XX+ 6.XX+ hardreset fixes 90% of problems.

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The text message issue is easy - you can't text a non-Mobile number.. ie: if you have someone's cell phone saved as a Work/Home/etc. number, the SMS application won't let you text them.. it doesn't even show their name as a contact when you go to create an SMS. If you go into yer contact and simply re-save their phone number as a Mobile number, it should work just fine.

As for yer other issues, it's probably something easy.. are yer contacts showing said information when you look at the contact screen on your Live account on your computer? As far as I can tell, pulling up a contact via the People Hub is the only real way to view ALL of their information, so check there and make sure everything's actually missing. It may be something the phone just doesn't think you need to see because of the app yer in.

I wouldn't recommend hard-resetting yer phone yet, it's a HUGE hassle currently (due to no "real" backup/restore) and yer entire backlog of SMS/MMS would be permanently deleted.

if thes wp7 are ANYTHING like the old Wm 5.XX+ 6.XX+ hardreset fixes 90% of problems.

edit: it's not.

Last edited:

merrick

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
The text message issue is easy - you can't text a non-Mobile number.. ie: if you have someone's cell phone saved as a Work/Home/etc. number, the SMS application won't let you text them.. it doesn't even show their name as a contact when you go to create an SMS. If you go into yer contact and simply re-save their phone number as a Mobile number, it should work just fine.

As for yer other issues, it's probably something easy.. are yer contacts showing said information when you look at the contact screen on your Live account on your computer? As far as I can tell, pulling up a contact via the People Hub is the only real way to view ALL of their information, so check there and make sure everything's actually missing. It may be something the phone just doesn't think you need to see because of the app yer in.

I wouldn't recommend hard-resetting yer phone yet, it's a HUGE hassle currently (due to no "real" backup/restore) and yer entire backlog of SMS/MMS would be permanently deleted.

edit: it's not.

i had that issue as well. check nobodys down as work or something else. check mobile is selected

if you have more than one email account on your phone make sure your not syncing contacts.. that could be a issue?

Last edited:

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
i had that issue as well. check nobodys down as work or something else. check mobile is selected

if you have more than one email account on your phone make sure your not syncing contacts.. that could be a issue?

I tried yesterday to set up my live.ca account as well as the gmail account that I already had set up, both syncing contacts/email/calendars.

I'm going to spend tonight trying to sort it out. What a mess. Don't do it.

heterosethual

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
When I add my gmail account, I usually get up to 1000 <unnamed> contacts. Right after #.
It sucks so much. I then have to remove gmail, and soft or hard reset.
Anyone else ever have this?

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
When I add my gmail account, I usually get up to 1000 <unnamed> contacts. Right after #.
It sucks so much. I then have to remove gmail, and soft or hard reset.
Anyone else ever have this?

Did you already have another account syncing? I wound up with (many) multiples of eash contact. Went from 72 *actual* contacts to over 3000. Had to go through on the computer and delete each duplicate by hand.

Seriously-don't do it.

heterosethual

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Did you already have another account syncing? I wound up with (many) multiples of eash contact. Went from 72 *actual* contacts to over 3000. Had to go through on the computer and delete each duplicate by hand.

Seriously-don't do it.

Just checked on gmail. Wtf why does it do that? Now I have 1 contact on there. Thank god.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans