Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By holzlondon

Has anyone out there recently made the move from Gmail to Outlook?

I've looked into the procedure and it seems very straightforward, but I just wanted to ask if anyone out there has had any hiccups along the way, like with types of phone numbers etc etc.
    Jazmac and Maishogg like this.

I have. Months ago. Outlook mail is my main email system but I keep a presence with gmail for online junk mail. But no regrets or hiccups at all.

I moved over a couple months ago, but I did my contacts manually. My Gmail messages went seamlessly enough, and now I have gmail set to forward any message I receive at my old email address to my new outlook address. I don't remember what exactly I did to move my messages over though, there was definitely some automated option somewhere. I love outlook.com though, it's a good move.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    ^^^^
    I did the same exact thing here and have not regretted the move!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by eholzki View Post
    Has anyone out there recently made the move from Gmail to Outlook?

I've looked into the procedure and it seems very straightforward, but I just wanted to ask if anyone out there has had any hiccups along the way, like with types of phone numbers etc etc.
    I like outlook a lot. The only problem I have with it is that it's missing the ability to drag and drop photos/images into the file attachment and body of the email. If they added that I'd use Outlook for everything.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Outlook is awesome. Gmail looks so much dated and I can't stand it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscookz View Post
    I moved over a couple months ago, but I did my contacts manually. My Gmail messages went seamlessly enough, and now I have gmail set to forward any message I receive at my old email address to my new outlook address. I don't remember what exactly I did to move my messages over though, there was definitely some automated option somewhere. I love outlook.com though, it's a good move.
    I'm hoping to not have to do the contacts manually.... I'll go nuts. I know you can import them directly, but I may export the Google contacts and import them manually in one sweep, but hope I doesn't have to be one by one. Maybe I'll try it out for fun...

I am trying to set up my microsoft outlook to use my new outlook.com address, but it is not working at all. In addition, I would like to sync my calenders between the two. I would like to transition over from my gmail to my outlook.com account in anticipation of getting a new windows phone in a couple of weeks.

Any thoughts?
    My smartphone history.

I switched over to live mail (now outlook.com) from gmail a long time ago when they did their awful new UI switch. When I did i exported my contacts from google as a csv and imported them into outlook.com no problem