Happy to be back to Windows Phone

petelar

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I think this is the first time I've ever posted in these forums. I just wanted to take a minute to say hello and express how happy I am to be back using Windows Phone. This past week I picked up a Lumia 920 and it feels very, very good to be back.

I started my Windows Phone adventure earlier this year by purchasing my first device, the Lumia 900. All around, it was a good phone, with a great OS, but I had several issues with it, the camera being primary. So I returned it and went with an HTC One X. Good phone, but missed the WP OS and Nokia design.

This week I purchased a Lumia 920 at full price. It was expensive, but well worth it. Coming back to Windows Phone is like putting on a well worm, comfy slipper. In other words, it feels great, and overall I like the upgrade to Windows Phone 8 (although missing some apps -- please, please hurry, Spotify).

And what can I say about the Lumia 920? So far, it's probably the nicest device I've owned (I've had the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, Motorola Atrix and HTC One X). Solid build (who cares about a little added weight?), excellent camera, great Nokia-specific app selection and more. Everything I wanted the Lumia 900 to be, and then some.

So, just wanted to take a moment to say hi and share my thoughts. I've been keeping close tabs on this community, even during my experimentation with the One X, and there are some really great folks here. Kudos to Daniel, Jay and all of the others at WPCentral and Mobile Nations as well, for the creation of a great site and place for all of us to share our passion for Windows Phone.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I think this is the first time I've ever posted in these forums. I just wanted to take a minute to say hello and express how happy I am to be back using Windows Phone. This past week I picked up a Lumia 920 and it feels very, very good to be back.

I started my Windows Phone adventure earlier this year by purchasing my first device, the Lumia 900. All around, it was a good phone, with a great OS, but I had several issues with it, the camera being primary. So I returned it and went with an HTC One X. Good phone, but missed the WP OS and Nokia design.

This week I purchased a Lumia 920 at full price. It was expensive, but well worth it. Coming back to Windows Phone is like putting on a well worm, comfy slipper. In other words, it feels great, and overall I like the upgrade to Windows Phone 8 (although missing some apps -- please, please hurry, Spotify).

And what can I say about the Lumia 920? So far, it's probably the nicest device I've owned (I've had the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, Motorola Atrix and HTC One X). Solid build (who cares about a little added weight?), excellent camera, great Nokia-specific app selection and more. Everything I wanted the Lumia 900 to be, and then some.

So, just wanted to take a moment to say hi and share my thoughts. I've been keeping close tabs on this community, even during my experimentation with the One X, and there are some really great folks here. Kudos to Daniel, Jay and all of the others at WPCentral and Mobile Nations as well, for the creation of a great site and place for all of us to share our passion for Windows Phone.

Welcome (back) to the club.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12