Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Dave Blake
  • 1 Post By Winfonejunkie
  • 1 Post By a5cent

These past 2 days Nokia's stock has been behaving very well, growing. 2 days ago it was up <6%, yesterday it was almost flat and today it is 15% up. That looks pretty amazing. :D Does anyone here own Nokia stock??
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,163 Global Posts
    I do I am very happy with these gains.
    Winfonejunkie likes this.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Analysts are doing the math vis-a-vis the Beijing factory and sell-through rates. Nokia had been written off by Wall Street as dead-n-gone, so any improvement in results will send the stock soaring.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blake View Post
    I do I am very happy with these gains.
    I am very happy for you. I'd love to invest in Nokia stock, but in my country it is not possible to buy their shares.

Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    Analysts are doing the math vis-a-vis the Beijing factory and sell-through rates. Nokia had been written off by Wall Street as dead-n-gone, so any improvement in results will send the stock soaring.
    I am a little sceptical about these 'analysts' who claim to predict the future of the stock price. It is not possible to predict it through mathematical functions, because nobody knows what's going to happen just by looking at a graph. When Apple was almost 700$ there were some analysts who predicted that Apple was a strong buy with target price 1111$. Now we know that Apple's stock price is 560$.

My uncle bought a lot of Nokia stock, but he says that he's positive and that it will go a little bit higher than that.

Nokia f-d up the launch. They're doomed!

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    They aren't predicting the stock price, just the business performance. The FUD about WP made it so the stock was essentially priced for zero sales. If Nokia has even mild sales, the stock will take off. That is the downside of FUD.

I bought a ton of shares when the price was around 2.20 and have been LOVING this recent rise. Anyone who owned an 800 or 900 knew Nokia had what it takes to create a phenomal product, which they did with the 920. Nothing feels better than checking my mystock app on my lumia and realizing i just made a boatload of cash over night...

2013 is going to be a great year for Nokia and its investors.
    Klevis likes this.
    During the last few weeks, many U.S. analysts and investment firms raised their outlooks on NOK (from SELL to HOLD or even BUY).

Interestingly, some of the most outspoken NOK pessimists have spent the last six months buying NOK shares, all the while recommending others to sell. Goldman Sachs was one of many such companies, who are now amongst Nokia' largest share holders.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Our CFO told me he bought Nokia and he's looking to trade in his iPhone 4S for a Lumia 920 too. He's pretty savvy as far as the stock market goes, so I view it as somewhat of a good sign if he's bullish on Nokia.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by a5cent View Post
    Goldman Sachs was one of many such companies, who are now amongst Nokia' largest share holders.
    When Goldman says "buy this," short it.

When Goldman says "don't buy this, it's crap" and loads up on it, buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    When Goldman says "buy this," short it.

When Goldman says "don't buy this, it's crap" and loads up on it, buy it.
    RIM surged 50% recently. Now Goldman is advising to buy RIM, but without providing any reasoning as to why. Are people buying on BB10 rumors and bound to sell on the news? Based on our Goldman rule, shorting the stock would be a good idea right about now. ;-)
    brmiller1976 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,118 Global Posts
    Nokia is a rather safe investment bet because as long as it can return to profitability, regardless of how marginal, the stock will be deeply discounted due to its great deal of assets.

I am loving the Nokia at the moment, I can only see their stock getting better with windows phone behind them
    Handset - Nokia Lumia 1520
    Country - England, UK
    Network - O2