Left Android for WIndows Phone

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I had an HTC Evo Shift on Sprint and jumped to At&T for a black Lumia 920. Smartest move I ever made. The 920's build is much better than my Shift and WP8 beats the pants off of Android. On my Shift it seemed like it took me 10 steps to get anything done. I had dupes in my calendar, speed was horrible, and nothing seemed to sync right. On my 920 all my social stuff is integrated, Outlook is so much better, and the 920 is tops in regards to build quality.

Glad I moved. Windows Phone just leap-frogged the iPhone and Android big time.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Well, I sort of started this thread tongue in cheek based upon the 'left WP to Android' thread, which was posted in the MS forum for some reason. :wink:

But I did have an Evo Shift and while it was a good smart phone, my 920 is amazing to me. I also had a 3GS prior to my Shift. I'll make this statement as I think it is pretty factual, all three major mobile OS's (iOS, Android, and WP8) are pretty decent. You need to find what features an OS has that makes it 'awesome' to you. Having my 920 since launch day, I really have no desire at all to jump to another platform. It has plenty of apps (maybe not a library bloated with junk apps like iOS), is built like a rock, has wireless charging, great battery life, good camera, WP8 seems so much more elegant to me, etc.

But that's my opinion; get the phone that is best for you. And when you do, don't post in the other OS forums telling people how happy and smart you were for jumping. Crow in your own backyard. Otherwise, it's nothing but trolling.

adamopinheiro

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, I sort of started this thread tongue in cheek based upon the 'left WP to Android' thread, which was posted in the MS forum for some reason. :wink:

Well, the reason I posted that here is due to my big disappointment with Windows Phone. And off course because I was a big alienated ****** that had been around this forum daily for over a year. I really wish WP solves it's shorcomings so I can look back to this platform.

I used to be euphorically happy when I first bought WP too. Than it fade out.

I'm sorry I bitter. And somehow, even though I do not own a WP anymore, I can't stop coming back to this forum, it was like home to me. Android Central is not the same. :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb