Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Microsoft will launch Windows Phone 7.8 upgrade on Wednesday 28th November 2012, if rumors by Tonis Tech Blog are correct.

The blog say that unnamed sources "near the subject." say this. Meanwhile, Microsoft spokesman told TechCrunch that the company will share more details surrounding WP 7.8 "in the near future."

The update to Windows Phone 7.8 will bring a number of new features including introducing the new Windows Phone 8 interface. That'll include new "Live-Tiles" sizes which enables even more customisation of the home-screen (we all know that).
    Details on the update are pretty scarse , but it's also rumoured to include new lock-screen features which enable you to display live application updates. For example, you'd be able to view social networking updates directly on your lock-screen.
    Other new features rumoured to come as part of the update include Bluetooth file-sharing support, an MP3 editor and security updates for the web-browser. It goes without saying that it'll also include a number of bug fixes and overall speed improvements.

CNET, 3G UK network, Techwatch, WMPoweruser and among others have stated this. Baring in mind this is a rumour, but is it true? can it be?

This is either excellent news or no new news. Well is tomorrow the long awaited release of the Windows Phone 7.8 update?

Comment and have your say on this topic.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    I highly doubt it will be. I'm expecting it to be July 2013 myself... I'll already have a WP8 by then...

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Well it has been a anounced officially that Wp7.8 will arrive early 2013. So you won't have to wait until July 2013.