New OS from Microsoft: Windows Blue?

shingi_70

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Twitter clients

Its not a new os. Its the codename for the next windows update. They're moving away from service packs to yearly updates for windows 8 similar to mobile platforms and the xbox.

Has been rumored for a while but the post you linked is the first concreate info we have gotten about it.

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I think it's the "next" version of Windows 8. They're changing their model and are providing smaller and more frequent updates. Kinda like OS X I guess. We're already seeing this model with Visual Studio 2012. They just released "Update 1" for it.

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
They talk about 'unifying OS'" across their platforms. Do you know if we are going to see the same OS on laptops/tradional computers, phones, and the Xbox. Is there any other reason, besides the obvious lucrative reasons, not to make the Xbox a freaking computer already and have it run the next version of Windows.

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
They talk about 'unifying OS'" across their platforms. Do you know if we are going to see the same OS on laptops/tradional computers, phones, and the Xbox. Is there any other reason, besides the obvious lucrative reasons, not to make the Xbox a freaking computer already and have it run the next version of Windows.

No, I think you mis-read the article. It says they're unifying their release cycle across all their platforms. Smaller more frequent updates as opposed to big upgrades every 2 to 3 years. Think of it as Windows 8.1, 8.2, 8.3 and so on. All their major products are moving to thus release cycle it looks like.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes