4 Times as Many Windows Phones Sold!

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Naysayers will say 10% isn't enough. While that's not perfectly true, there is an issue here - companies need to notice Windows Phone. iOS is losing market share, yet I feel its mind share is so overblown that it will still be a primary consideration even if it dips into single digit market share. The market share is great since it will bring more users, but there needs to be a change with corporations and developers where Windows Phone is no longer a secondary consideration behind iOS and Android.

I don't see any other operating systems taking off, so it looks like Microsoft has a clear shot now.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
"10% isn't enough. And Microsoft needs to answer several key questions including:

1) Why is Microsoft's share still below 3% in Namibia and dozens of similar markets?
2) How many phones running Windows Phone 8 are used as second devices?
3) Insert stupid question to call great sales numbers into question here"

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
"10% isn't enough. And Microsoft needs to answer several key questions including:

1) Why is Microsoft's share still below 3% in Namibia and dozens of similar markets?
2) How many phones running Windows Phone 8 are used as second devices?
3) Insert stupid question to call great sales numbers into question here"

4) If this is true why Bill Gates is hiding?

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I think, WP8 is being picked up first by WP7 users. Then as to the ultimate market share, lets talk about that December 2013. Don't forget that there are cool new WP8 devices coming in 2013, a major update for WP8 OS and also much better desktop software for Windows 8 to integrate with WP8. Microsoft has launched Windows 8 early, why? Because they know that it takes up to 6 months for new products to arrive at competitive price points. Right now, the good Windows 8 devices are expensive... Wait until Summer 2013, different ball game. As to quantities... The first good data showed sales of 360'000 devices per week. Since then deliveries are up, more markets being served. I would not be surprised if we do in fact reach over 4 Mio WP8 devices sold in Dec. 2012 alone. We will see... But sales are up, will continue to rise.

Kristof Kulcsar

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't know much about numbers, not that I care but, the way I think is this. I always had negative felling about this Windows Phone thing til they showed WP8, and don't know what made me reconsider but now I bought a Windows based phone and I'm really happy with it even tho it has a lot of things they need to fix. I think that a lot of others who was against it will take a look at this option as well, because we always seek something fresh and new. When use my phone people are always excited and asking about it, because it's different then the ones they own for years now. If Microsoft can add more depth to the phone like advanced options, more functionality with built in apps, and encourage developers to work on apps it will be a great success because the foundation is solid.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Frankly, I wish that Microsoft would drop the bull-puckey clich?s like "fifteen times as many as half as many as twice what we hoped we'd sell when Mango launched," and just announce total sales. Just do it.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Funny one day one I went right out and bought two WP7 devices. When the second gen came out I picked up a Lumia 710 . even though the 8x is nice it's the same size as what I have I was hopping for something bigger it didn't happen on T-MO I the exclusive thing is a bite your nose to spite your face deal. So I was not going to bite on the 810 January is my cut off point I have 4 devices on T-MO killing them all off and going to AT&T is not going to happen so it looks as though i'll be picking up a new galaxy this coming month

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
BrMiller1976, I am in full agreement with your post. The clich?s need to be dropped and give actual numbers by country on the quarter. We know Italy and other European countriea have been very kind to Windows Phone, as well as China. However, they need to gain serious share in Latin America (Brazil should be a major target as well as Mexico), and North America (especially the US Market which includes Puerto Rico).

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Funny one day one I went right out and bought two WP7 devices. When the second gen came out I picked up a Lumia 710 . even though the 8x is nice it's the same size as what I have I was hopping for something bigger it didn't happen on T-MO I the exclusive thing is a bite your nose to spite your face deal. So I was not going to bite on the 810 January is my cut off point I have 4 devices on T-MO killing them all off and going to AT&T is not going to happen so it looks as though i'll be picking up a new galaxy this coming month

Sadly, I know others who are doing the same. I also know several people who brought their WP8s back to the store and got a refund... and then switched back to their Radars, 710s and Focus S's after finding that their key WP7 apps like Chase/B of A, Spotify and others simply don't work correctly under WP8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)