Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 249
Like Tree106Likes
  1. StaticMain's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #26  
    I agree in the sense that apps like instagram will help the wp8 community grow. What I would love to see more is an app similar to the quality of IG, just exclusive and unique to wp8 users. What made IG so popular in the first place was that it was an arguably original ideal that was being sold to a closed market. Users felt cool because it was exclusive and nobody else had it but the iPhone.

    Wp8 is prime for an app developer to capitalize on such a concept. If a *quality* app were developed, everybody on the platform would adopt it simply because there's no other alternative. In that event I would say f* IG, I have something better.

    **** maybe I'll develop said app.
    Thanked by:
  2. jjmurphy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    #27  
    We had that on WP7 with wmnlive or whatever it was though didn't we?
  3. BotanicalStig's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    #28  
    Nobody here has said they don't want ig to come to WP. What I said was "it isn't coming". Sorry I hurt your feelings.
  4. John Kwon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    42 Posts
    #29  
    Do you work at IG?
    Thanked by:
  5. BotanicalStig's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    #30  
    No. Just because I don't work for Apple doesn't mean I'd be wrong in saying that Apple is not going to be selling a phone with android on it. Why would it make me wrong for saying IG is not working on a WP version of IG? It's been said a million times that they aren't working on one. I'm just saying, if instagram is a deal breaker for you guys, get a different phone. It doesn't look like it's coming any time soon. If it does, great, just don't hold your breath over it.
  6. ninnnnnja's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    68 Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kwon View Post
    Do you work at IG?
    This is the first time I heard you need to work at a specific company in order to paraphrase what they say.
    Thanked by:
  7. Chill510's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    45 Posts
    #32  
    They should really just open up the API to allow 3rd party developers to post pics. Because there are some pretty nice instagram clients like Metrogram that are beautifully designed.
    Thanked by:
    iamtim likes this.
  8. iamtim's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,525 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,716 Global Posts
    #33  
    THAT ^^^

    So much that.
  9. John Kwon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    42 Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by ninnnnnja View Post
    This is the first time I heard you need to work at a specific company in order to paraphrase what they say.
    I've only heard that Instagram has said they're not currently working on a WP8 version, not that they're never going to do it. Forgive me if I'm wrong.
  10. ninnnnnja's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    68 Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kwon View Post
    I've only heard that Instagram has said they're not currently working on a WP8 version, not that they're never going to do it. Forgive me if I'm wrong.
    I believe you are correct, but no one ever said they are "never" going to make a wp app - that would be a pretty bold statement. However, I believe it was fairly recent that they stated they have no plans for WP so I would not expect anything by pressing them to make an app not long after they've denied possibility of it (especially since from their perspective, we really don't have enough numbers to make it a priority of any kind).
  11. masterchief1984's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
       #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by StaticMain View Post
    I agree in the sense that apps like instagram will help the wp8 community grow. What I would love to see more is an app similar to the quality of IG, just exclusive and unique to wp8 users. What made IG so popular in the first place was that it was an arguably original ideal that was being sold to a closed market. Users felt cool because it was exclusive and nobody else had it but the iPhone.

    Wp8 is prime for an app developer to capitalize on such a concept. If a *quality* app were developed, everybody on the platform would adopt it simply because there's no other alternative. In that event I would say f* IG, I have something better.

    **** maybe I'll develop said app.

    You are welcome to try my friend.
  12. John Kwon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    42 Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by ninnnnnja View Post
    I believe you are correct, but no one ever said they are "never" going to make a wp app.
    BotanicalStig said "it isn't coming," which is an absolute statement on par with "it's never coming." If he'd said "it isn't coming any time soon" or "for now, it isn't coming," I'd understand. This is why I asked if he works there. I thought maybe he knew something I didn't. If he did work there and had inside info, there could be technical or political reasons for IG deciding they should never do a WP app.
    Thanked by:
    aubreyq likes this.
  13. BotanicalStig's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by BotanicalStig View Post
    It isn't being developed and it most likely wont for some time, if ever.
    This thread hurts my insides.

    I'm going to quit repeating myself now.
  14. Seth86's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #39  
    Just had a new phone and I directly installed instagram. it's really a nice app.
    London Jr likes this.
  15. Seth86's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #40  
    its a great idea if instagram will be on WP8
    London Jr likes this.
  16. msualum's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    102 Posts
    #41  
    Ok - so apparently some people here are in the "know" and instagram is NOT coming. Very well I will cease my vigil :(
  17. jsk0703's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    111 Posts
    #42  
    There was this report that suggested an app was in the works but it was not being developed by Instagram. Instagram is coming to Windows Phone (updated) | The Verge

    We're hearing from sources familiar with the situation that Instagram is not investing its own resources into the development of a potential Instagram app. This doesn't rule out the app entirely. Microsoft built its own Twitter and Facebook apps, ones that the company regularly updates. Of course, Microsoft would require Instagram's permission to publish images to the service, since only unofficial Instagram viewers currently exist outside of the company's own apps without an explicit partnership.
    Thanked by:
  18. Ronin1019's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #43  
    I want Instagram, Whatsapp, and tune in Radio on my new nokia lumia 920..or I will send this back to AT&T and go back to Android Phone
  19. brianLTE's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    #44  
    Try emailing the CEO. Apparently that's the thing to do now. :)


    Why don't we make EyeEm the new instagram? Seems like we would get more traction doing that.
  20. TonyDedrick's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    651 Posts
    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by brianLTE View Post
    Try emailing the CEO. Apparently that's the thing to do now. :)


    Why don't we make EyeEm the new instagram? Seems like we would get more traction doing that.
    If all my friends and celebs like Snoop Lion are moving over to EyeEm, then sure.
  21. brianLTE's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyDedrick View Post
    If all my friends and celebs like Snoop Lion are moving over to EyeEm, then sure.
    Create the demand friend.
  22. Daniel Ratcliffe's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,819 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,476 Global Posts
    #47  
    While I don't use it, I want it to come. I know people that will be like this:

    Them: Oo I like this phone, does it have Instagram
    Me: Unfortunately no
    Them: Why the **** does it not have Instagram?
    *they pull out knife*
    Them: Time for you to die
    *they slit my throat*

    "Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    aubreyq and nbktonic like this.
  23. gman1868's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    23 Posts
    #48  
    Why wouldn't Microsoft write the Instagram app just like they did for Facepoop an Twitterd?
  24. masterchief1984's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
       #49  
    It still would've counted as a client and not the actual app.
  25. philpeeps's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    487 Posts
    Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by gman1868 View Post
    Why wouldn't Microsoft write the Instagram app just like they did for Facepoop an Twitterd?
    Quote Originally Posted by masterchief1984 View Post
    It still would've counted as a client and not the actual app.
    Exactly, just like the MS FB client that shows blocked game activity because it is a 3rd party app...
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Great Michael Fisher piece on Instagram and Windows Phone
    By Tahiti Bob in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-04-2013, 01:02 PM
  2. GMail/GCalendar on Windows Phone 7
    By JoshP in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-22-2010, 08:36 PM
  3. Zune Pass on Windows Phone??
    By jonharrell in forum Zune
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-13-2010, 08:27 PM

Posting Permissions