Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Honestly i'm really surprised MS+Nokia haven't got the app there yet. Personally could care less for Instagram, but i'm sure those two companies know it's important.
    Nokia single-handedly got Rovio to make Angry Birds and one special game (Bounce Evolution) for N900 before even Android got the game. Device that probably sold around 100 000 back in 2009.

I'm just thinking that MS and Nokia would probably happily do the software or pay for the work.

Global Posts
    1,716 Global Posts
    Not if the actual usage numbers don't support it, no.

Well since my forum was moved I just want to say I think people should spend less time arguing and more time signing this petition to get http://www.change.org/petitions/inst...re_before_sign

Quote Originally Posted by tissotti View Post
    Honestly i'm really surprised MS+Nokia haven't got the app there yet. Personally could care less for Instagram, but i'm sure those two companies know it's important.
    Nokia single-handedly got Rovio to make Angry Birds and one special game (Bounce Evolution) for N900 before even Android got the game. Device that probably sold around 100 000 back in 2009.

I'm just thinking that MS and Nokia would probably happily do the software or pay for the work.
    honestly though, that relationship might be strong because both companies are Finnish. Sounds weird, but I think that's why that was able to happen

Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    Well, I've been playing around with Fotoroom for a bit and I guess I can see what the appeal of Instagram must be. So I guess it would be nice if Windows Phone got it.

Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts
    I have no desire to use it, but by judging some of the posts here, I realize how important it is to other people and if it makes WP more appealing I'm all for it.
    My next phone...
    zyran and flame l like this.

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    Wow this thread.

It's the same thing being said over and over and over throughout the entire thread.

Talk about spinning top in mud.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtim View Post
    Not if the actual usage numbers don't support it, no.
    You would need to build the app, release it and wait six months (mission successful) before you would know.

Devs and companies build apps based on interest and demand routinely.
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal_planet View Post
    I have no desire to use it, but by judging some of the posts here, I realize how important it is to other people and if it makes WP more appealing I'm all for it.
    +1

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Instagram's CEO came from Google before starting Instagram. It's in his ingrained culture to despises Microsoft. It's not about the money, everyone knows Microsoft and Nokia have been practically throwing money at them. The app will eventually come, but right now it's making his day/month/year rejecting Microsoft's pleas for an app from his company.
    SergeMcG likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bradbamford View Post
    Instagram's CEO came from Google before starting Instagram. It's in his ingrained culture to despises Microsoft. It's not about the money, everyone knows Microsoft and Nokia have been practically throwing money at them. The app will eventually come, but right now it's making his day/month/year rejecting Microsoft's pleas for an app from his company.
    Then let's just admit it, not only is he going to never let the app reach WP, if hacks start getting round allowing posting he's going to block them, for Windows Phone only. Next he'll make it so anyone accessing Instagram from Windows Phone gets an instant redirect to a 403 Forbidden error page.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    Then let's just admit it, not only is he going to never let the app reach WP, if hacks start getting round allowing posting he's going to block them, for Windows Phone only. Next he'll make it so anyone accessing Instagram from Windows Phone gets an instant redirect to a 403 Forbidden error page.
    but I thought Facebook bought instagram

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by masterchief1984 View Post
    but I thought Facebook bought instagram
    They did, so that's part of why I believe the app will eventually come, corporate interests trumps personal agendas. However, even after Facebook acquired Instagram, his title is still CEO of Instagram see About Us • Instagram

WP needs instagram. well at least I would like to have it. not for the pictures and effects... its the social media aspect to it.

I am holding my purchase for windows phone (Nokia Lumia 920) until instagram apps comes into the picture, I know there is an alternative apps, but It doesn't work for me, because it is not just about taking pictures, but the social aspects of instagram.

I have iPhone 4 currently

Social sites come 'n go and Instagram are short sighted if they think they'll achieve the same longevity as Facebook. I would want the app across all platforms to achieve maximum user numbers before it catches a cold.
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohdbh View Post
    I am holding my purchase for windows phone (Nokia Lumia 920) until instagram apps comes into the picture, I know there is an alternative apps, but It doesn't work for me, because it is not just about taking pictures, but the social aspects of instagram.

I have iPhone 4 currently
    I was also thinking like this, but I wanted the phone so badly. Even though I don't have instagram its not too big of a problem.

Legit think it should come to Windows Phone

Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtim View Post
    Petitions are dumb.
    I disagree. They raise awareness and if enough people sign, it demonstrates that there is significant public support for the item being petitioned. A few weeks ago, the petition for more apps, including instagram, to be created for the windows 8 platform got the attention of NBC and they did the following news story on it.

Windows Phone fans petition Square, Instagram, Google for apps - Technology on NBCNews.com
    Thanked by:

there are so many petitions already. This is just one of them
    http://www.change.org/petitions/inst...are_after_sign
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hafeezpunjani View Post
    there are so many petitions already. This is just one of them
    http://www.change.org/petitions/inst...are_after_sign
    Signed!

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

So question. Jessica alba, who is supposed to be a big name for WP sponsorship, just posted a photo on instagram which ended up on twitter. Is this a sign that it's coming in the very near future or that she uses android/ios as well?

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Z View Post
    So question. Jessica alba, who is supposed to be a big name for WP sponsorship, just posted a photo on instagram which ended up on twitter. Is this a sign that it's coming in the very near future or that she uses android/ios as well?
    She probably just uses Android/ iOS.
    Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Z View Post
    All these mentions of petitions also make me laugh...I think if you could convince Jessica Alba to ask them for it you would stand a better chance of getting it...

I believe it's coming and since I've seen videos not related to gadget sites where she is carrying a 920 (now white) everywhere with her, I would imagine that she is still using the 920...she might have multiple phones though although I've only seen her holding a 920

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I'm sorry if this question is stupid, buy why don't 3rd party devs add the function of uploading pictures to Instagram to their apps? Is it difficult to do this, or do they need permission from Instagram or what? I've seen some 3rd party Instagram apps but none with the ability to upload.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast