Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

"RIM, Microsoft, and Symbian followed in third, fourth and fifth place respectively. And just like the mobile OEM list, these three also all dropped a bit in the standings too."

comScore: Apple ranked second for first time in U.S. OEM market share | ZDNet

Maybe WP8 is not getting an impact yet...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    It's the report for October. Did you not see the line that said with the release of Windows Phone 8 at the end of October perhaps we'll see a jump in Microsoft?

That's October share.. It was expected.. Wp8 released on Oct 29
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stmav View Post
    It's the report for October. Did you not see the line that said with the release of Windows Phone 8 at the end of October perhaps we'll see a jump in Microsoft?
    I didn't read 'til the end.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Of course Microsoft dropped, everyone was holding out for WP8 specially since you can't upgrade to it with the older devices. From what I've been reading WP8 is selling pretty well, so the next quarter numbers will be interesting.

It will be interesting to see if WP8 and the marketing blitz can get market share growing. On a recent business trip, everyone I ran into wanted to check out my 920, but I still haven't run into anyone else that has a windows phone.

Global Posts
    32,224 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by rider2040 View Post
    It will be interesting to see if WP8 and the marketing blitz can get market share growing. On a recent business trip, everyone I ran into wanted to check out my 920, but I still haven't run into anyone else that has a windows phone.
    Maybe more folks will be getting new Windows Phones as holiday gifts.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Yep. July through October was doubtlessly terrible for sales, since Microsoft announced WP7.X was being ditched, and there were no WP8 devices on the market to buy.

On a recent business trip, everyone I ran into wanted to check out my 920, but I still haven't run into anyone else that has a windows phone.
    "Dobara"

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    I have bumped into several Windows Phones as of late. I used to be "that guy with the WP," but now I see a LOT more devices out there, especially with AT&T and T-Mobile users.
    Simon Tupper likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    I have bumped into several Windows Phones as of late. I used to be "that guy with the WP," but now I see a LOT more devices out there, especially with AT&T and T-Mobile users.
    It's less popular here in Canada... generally people who are not familiar with brands ask me if it's an Android phone......

Global Posts
    1,044 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Tupper View Post
    It's less popular here in Canada... generally people who are not familiar with brands ask me if it's an Android phone......
    There is no visibility up here, no promotions - nothing. At a Rogers store, the WP8 phones were tucked into a corner, the largest carrier here (MTS) has got a Lumia 710 and that's it with no WP8 device it's offering. Telus, whom I'm with, only has one device on it's website, the Ativ and only says it's "coming soon".

And you're surprised no one knows what kind of phone you own?

I'm going to try something the next time I'm in a mall. I'm going to walk into a phone store and say "I'm looking for something different" and see what the rep suggests.
    My next phone...
    a5cent and Simon Tupper like this.

Quote Originally Posted by crystal_planet View Post
    There is no visibility up here, no promotions - nothing. At a Rogers store, the WP8 phones were tucked into a corner, the largest carrier here (MTS) has got a Lumia 710 and that's it with no WP8 device it's offering. Telus, whom I'm with, only has one device on it's website, the Ativ and only says it's "coming soon".

And you're surprised no one knows what kind of phone you own?

I'm going to try something the next time I'm in a mall. I'm going to walk into a phone store and say "I'm looking for something different" and see what the rep suggests.
    - Different? Alright! May I show you the Samsung Galaxy S3 with that phone you will make the heads turn and you will simply feel different.
    - But what about the Nokia Lumia 920?
    - Well it's way too thick and heavy, I wouldn't recommend it.Perhaps you would prefer the Nexus 4!?
    - I want something different.
    - The Nexus 4 is brand new!
    crystal_planet likes this.

Global Posts
    1,044 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Tupper View Post
    - Different? Alright! May I show you the Samsung Galaxy S3 with that phone you will make the heads turn and you will simply feel different.
    - But what about the Nokia Lumia 920?
    - Well it's way too thick and heavy, I wouldn't recommend it.Perhaps you would prefer the Nexus 4!?
    - I want something different.
    - The Nexus 4 is brand new!
    I agree. That's pretty much how it would go down I'm sure. I'd at least hope that if the rep talked me out of a 920, he'd show me an 8X.
    My next phone...

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    I saw a lot of Radars last time I was in Montreal... mostly on Videotron. You guys just live in the wrong part of the country ;)

I saw a lot of Radars last time I was in Montreal... mostly on Videotron. You guys just live in the wrong part of the country ;)
    I live in Montreal, but I am a student, so all I see and hear about is the GS3 and the iPhone 5...

Global Posts
    1,044 Global Posts
    I'm dead centre of the Country and our largest provider here has only one WP7 device - a Lumia 710. Rogers has the 920 and the 8X but they don't give a tinkers cuss about them. Bell just entered the game and they have an 8X, and Telus will carry the Ativ (whenever the **** that may be). As far as this country is concerned, there are only two handsets worth getting: the Galaxy S3 and the iPhone 5.

It's utterly ridiculous.
    My next phone...
    I'm dead centre of the Country and our largest provider here has only one WP7 device - a Lumia 710. Rogers has the 920 and the 8X but they don't give a tinkers cuss about them. Bell just entered the game and they have an 8X, and Telus will carry the Ativ (whenever the **** that may be). As far as this country is concerned, there are only two handsets worth getting: the Galaxy S3 and the iPhone 5.

It's utterly ridiculous.
    Dead center of Canada (Saskatchewan) happens to be in the middle of ****ing nowhere. I am not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalWarrior View Post
    Dead center of Canada (Saskatchewan) happens to be in the middle of ****ing nowhere. I am not surprised.
    Winnipeg is not that small... it's not Montreal nor Toronto, but it's a nice town.
    Then 700 miles of nothing right until Calgary.

Global Posts
    1,044 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalWarrior View Post
    Want to know what I'm not surprised about? That someone from Ontario is absolutely clueless of anything west of Toronto.
    My next phone...

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    But I thought Toronto was Capital Of The Universe? ;)
    Want to know what I'm not surprised about? That someone from Ontario is absolutely clueless of anything west of Toronto.
    Well of course you have Lethbridge and Regina in between.

And I thought Ontarians were supposed to be uptight? You need to relax I was being facetious.

Global Posts
    1,044 Global Posts
    If I was any more relaxed I'd be in a coma.
    My next phone...
    That high huh? 😁😁😁
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast