Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree14Likes

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Because most widgets only let you do the most important\most used feature. I was just saying that there are some widgets that let you do certain tasks without having to go into the full app. Comparing it to a live tile which only show information.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Most of the time, I prefer the full UI of an app. And most of the time, I just want to view information myself.

Global Posts
    1,448 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    That's a two-year old device. My 8X isn't even a month old, and they still don't have an ETA on AT&T for a serious bug fix update that T-Mo already received. Ugh.
    I would have to say, get used to it my man. HTC does NOT care about the customers. Just go ask any of the Titan owners. I am still waiting for the first update to be pushed through ATT. I wonder how long it will take to get 7.8 on my Titan.

I thought MSFT was doing the update roll out on wp8. Wasn't that a selling point in a slide? No carrier based updates, all come through MSFT.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    It's not HTC's fault. Unlocked HTC 8X devices already have the update sent to them. The fault entirely lies with Microsoft, who claimed that WP updates were "carrier independent" when they were not. We'll get the update whenever Microsoft and the carrier decide to make it available (if ever).

Global Posts
    1,448 Global Posts
    That does not take blame completely off of HTC. HTC needs to push the issue with carriers or MSFT. Push them to get the updates to their customers. I am still completely stumped as to how MSFT cannot get the updates out. Apple has done it since day one with the iPhones.

Its all 3's fault. They all point the finger at each other.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    HTC has no role in carrier testing, other than doing what we users are doing... begging them to get it done.
    I'm think about switching back to ios for the time being. I have a 920 and happy with but I dropped it the other night and cracked the glass, so if I'm going to be paying 150+ on a phone i figure just have a iPhone and wait until WP takes off a but more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234