- 01-29-2013, 07:31 PM #152
unfortunately. the NZ government won't let NZders. if you do it legally. you'll have to pay $1000 extra to ship. if illegally........$10,000 - $50,000 depending on the size. if worse. 12 months in Jail
- 01-29-2013, 07:38 PM #154
- 01-29-2013, 07:44 PM #155
yep. I But I have to follow the rules. no matter what :-(
- 01-29-2013, 07:51 PM #157
- 01-29-2013, 07:53 PM #158
I don't think it matters which nexus you get because they all get the same updates and as updates come they will need less hardware power.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
- 01-29-2013, 09:33 PM #164
02-21-2013, 05:20 AM #165
- 30 Posts
I switched to an iPhone 4s and am very happy with my decision. I tried the HTC 8x, but didn't like missing out on the exclusive Nokia apps. So I switched to a Lumia 920 and bought my wife an 820. Well, after a few weeks and several replacements later I just decided to sell both Lumias and get iPhones.I went to the Att device support center and they let me test the 8 red Lumia 920 replacement phones and they all had either a loud rattle, loose battery, creaky loose screens, or backlight leaking. The build quality of the 920 is horrendous. My wifes 820 also had a loose battery and flickering screen. Im loving the iPhone 4s and all the apps I have at my fingertips, the selection is pretty amazing compared to WP.
- 03-01-2013, 01:17 AM #166
I gave windows phone a chance and I did it twice. Once with the Samsung Focus and Now with the Lumia 920. Unfortunately, Windows Phone failed to deliver, the selection of apps sucks, key apps like instagram missing. Lack of basic features such proper separate volume manager and notification center. They promised it would be different this time and they failed to deliver yet again. Bye Windows Phone you had potential, I don't think Ill ever come back but who knows... I said the same when I switched from the Samsung Focus when it came out. There are many tiny things that this OS is missing which collectively turns me off(ie terrible Skype app with missing basic features such as signing out, garbage facebook(can't edit/delete comments)). The all new HTC One seems what Im exactly looking for, a true premium android phone with class.
I really enjoyed the Lumia 920 don't get me wrong. I hope Nokia wakes up and moves on from this dead beat OS or I guess they can wait...until MS wakes up and starts listening to it's consumers. I wish the best for Nokia as they make one of the best looking phones, the feel amazing and their innovation rocks. Look at Blackberry 10... they made it so easy for apps to port and now they will have more apps in their marketplace than windows phone and they just launched.
03-01-2013, 06:40 PM #167
- 21 Posts
I had a HTC Trophy, and three HTC 8x's, and now I have a HTC Droid DNA. I fell in love with windows 7and 7,5 with my Trophy, man that thing was a trooper. It looked hideous when I finally upgraded to Windows Phone 8x. I guess my expectations were unreasonably high for wp8 considering I had such a great experience with the Trophy. When after about 4 months and three 8x's later, I had had enough. I grew tired with the OS and lack of customization, my tiles were not updating and none of the apps I wanted were on the app store. That, and the fact that the audio quality was horrible on all three devices. I guess what I am trying to say it that after trying Apple, WP7-8 and finally Android, Android was more my style. Although I did buy my wife a Nokia 822, I do not think I will be back until wp8 matures. There are definitely some aspects I miss from windows, but in the end the cons outweighed the pros.
- 03-15-2013, 12:42 PM #168
03-17-2013, 02:14 PM #170
- 24 Posts
Nokia wakes up, it is time to launch Android OS for keeping up the market share now, Otherwise Samsung low cost android will eat up the emerging market for the coming 2 years for sure. Using Android on Nokia and it will help to boost it's sale 6 times more.
1.) App is always important for every users ( make our life easier )
2.) App for games like Candy Crush ( 98 % of HK/ china users enjoy playing it )
3.) sending video & mp3 files through different kind of social App is workable
The above media app have to be function well , otherwise I can not see the point for using WP at all.
Nokia -------------Wake up !!!!
Nokia should start launching Android phone before it is too late ! No one would like to spend money on such expensive smartphone which is actually not smart enough to work on most of app features. No consumer is being so stupid in the world .
Wake up Microsoft !
Since Microsoft has invested USD1 billion per year on Nokia software support, it seems like Nokia won't able to diversify its OS. Hopefully Microsoft will launch its Win 9 ASAP for solving (sending video issue). As lot of ppl would like to post their prerecorded video online through handsets anytime without touching their PC. Wake up Microsoft! How come it takes so long time to develop the phone OS & still not working on this video/media issue since 2007 ?
Microsoft need to grant access to video library for App developer, as ppl like posting video on YouTube
; Whatsapp ; Facebook ; WeChatt ; etc. If Microsoft can not fix this video issue, I am sure that win phone will not succeed for sure.
Last edited by austinlam; 03-19-2013 at 12:11 PM.
- 03-22-2013, 09:43 AM #171
I sold my Lumia 920 yesterday and my iPhone 5 is coming tomorrow. I actually switched from an iPhone 4S to Lumia 920 two months ago. After using Windows Phone 8 for two months I've honestly decided never to read too much into product announcements, never to come to an online forum (such as this one) to judge how good a product is and never to read initial device reviews to make a judgement. This was my third shot at Windows Phone. I owned an Omnia 7 when NoDo was released, then I got an Omnia 7 again when Mango was released. All three experiences were horrendous. I'll explain in this post why the experience with Lumia 920/Windows Phone 8 was a disappointment.
- My biggest disappointment was that the OS has not changed AT ALL from three years ago. The Windows Phone division has done nothing in the past three years. All problems that plagued the initial release back in 2010 and then Mango are still here in WP8. No rotation lock, no separate volume for media/ring tone, no brightness control other than low/medium/high, no easy way to set a custom ringtone etc etc. Kernel change won't do **** if your OS can't do the basics.
- Built in social network integration. Where do I begin? This feature is just mediocre. It looks great in the adverts, and it's great to fool people into thinking your phone is special, or it may well be enough for part time social network users, but other than that the social network integration is just half assed. Facebook chat? Good luck getting that thing to work. Basic Twitter features such as viewing a conversation, direct messages are missing. You can't view your Facebook message history for a particular contact. Social network integration isn't as awesome as people think it is. It's impossible to implement. There's a reason why after all these years the most integration you've seen on Android and iOS is to sync profile pictures or update statuses. That's it.
- So the integration sucks, you can use dedicated apps, right? Wrong. The Facebook app is downright laughable. It's an embarrassment to the OS and whoever made this crap ought to be fired. It took all of 3 years to get a decent official Twitter app. And no, I'm not paying for a third party Twitter app. LinkedIn app? It was updated nearly a year ago.
- App quality. Oh God where do I even begin explaining this. Simply put there is NO quality. Ever tried WhatsApp? Tried Facebook? Or Viber? Or Line Messenger? Or Seesmic? Or Skype? Or IM+? Want reliable push notifications on Windows Phone? Psst don't be silly.
- Battery life is terrible. For a fat *** phone like Lumia 920 I'd expect the battery to last over a day. Didn't we use to make fun of Android for all its reboot, battery drain problems? Karma is a b***h isn't it?
This is just a tip of the mountain. The problem is that you can't even realise these shortcomings by reading reviews. The only way to know this is to actually use the phone. And now that I have I can honestly say I'm not going back to Windows Phone in the near future.
- 03-22-2013, 01:41 PM #172
You wanna hear crazy? I have decided to leave Windows Phone. Actually, I've decided to disconnect entirely. I've reached a point in my life where I need simplicity and NONE of today's offerings can provide it. Hear me out before aiming the flamethrower. For work, I have an iPhone 4S. My boss foots the bill so that's that. But after 3:30 (I start very early) it's "me" time. Emails don't have to come through my Exchange server anymore, they can wait. I re-activated my old Palm Centro and I'm amazed at how well that little turd handles business. All my contacts, memos, etc. at the touch of a button, no more Facebook notifications, no more LinkedIn messages. I know the East coast of the US from Key West to NYC like the palm of my hand so Google Maps is buried somewhere in my phone. The only remnant of connectivity my Centro provides is bluetooth DUN to my PDA. Remember those? I use it for handwritten notes or taking a picture every now and then, that's it!
I'll still be following the news here so it's not like I'm disappearing but I'm tired of swimming against the current. I read too many posts with an air of frustration from users and their complaints about their devices. Time to stop and smell the roses.
- 03-22-2013, 03:54 PM #173
Got a Z10 a couple days ago. Separate sound profiles, customizable SMS tones. Camera that doesn't need to have 10 pictures taken for even a mediocre one. Notifications that work. PDF editor. Email attachment support. Ability to sideload apps that I may need. Much more. Very happy.HTC Droid Incredible(2 replacements) --> Nokia Lumia 900(Briefly)/Apple iPhone 4s --> Nokia Lumia 920(3 replacements) --> BlackBerry Z10(2 replacements) --> HTC One(3 replacements) --> Samsung Galaxy S4(Briefly) --> iPhone 5 --> iPhone 6+
03-22-2013, 10:35 PM #174
- 229 Posts
After flashing my titan to euron rom, I sold it on ebay. I got a lumia 920 from craigslist. windows phone 8 is that much better than wp7. It is a big mistake for MS not updating wp7 devices to wp8. My wife switched to iphone 5 and my daughter switched to galaxy s3.
- By Windows Central Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 10Last Post: 12-30-2014, 11:34 AM
- By Allen S in forum Windows Phone 8.1Replies: 94Last Post: 12-29-2014, 10:55 PM
- By k12000lt in forum Windows Phone 8.1Replies: 40Last Post: 12-28-2014, 01:29 PM
- By simplex1 in forum Windows Phone 8.1Replies: 0Last Post: 12-27-2014, 01:39 PM
- By powercamg4 in forum Microsoft BandReplies: 2Last Post: 12-27-2014, 12:47 PM