Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    I was listening to the Windows Weekly podcast and at the end Foley mentioned Socl and that they were looking for beta testers for it. I went over and looked around. Now I'll admit I'm a facebook user, but probably not what would be considered a power user. And I have no idea what instagram does. I was just wondering if anyone here has messed around with Socl or has an opinion.

The site is at www.so.cl and a Microsoft blog about it is at blog.fuselabs.org

Curious about the thoughts of more extensive social network users on this.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Signed up for it to keep my eyes on it to see what it becomes...but so far to me it looks disorganized, just a mass of pictures and nothing else. Not overly interested yet.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    I've checked out the pictures and some of the people and their threads(?). I agree with the disorganized, but since I've never seen instagram, I wasn't sure if it was supposed to look that way.

It's less a social network like FB, G+, etc. but more a Twitter, Instgram, Tumblr mashup with Bing search at the core. So you basically do searches for things (or specify specific URLs for articles you want to link for example) then attach site links and images from the search to a collage, add a title and comment, then bam, you have an interesting cluster of boxes that form your post on whatever topic interested you. Others can see this, comment, like, follow you, etc. You can tag any post with categories for easy filtering. It's kind of neat. Like a big public library that people find things, then post for all to see and discuss. Very social, hence the name.
    "Bro, you know I lift cause I use a Lumia 920..."
    Thanked by:
    stmav 

It's lacking a lot of features to be considered a good social media, but so far it's interesting...

Global Posts
    1,308 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Tupper View Post
    It's lacking a lot of features to be considered a good social media, but so far it's interesting...
    How did we live without "good social media"?

Seems like a good way to share articles and videos.

It would be a lot better if there was strong integration with mobile.