Ever felt limited?

Deformat

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm an Android user and I'm really interested in this WP domain, especially since I look forward the Nokia Lumia 620.

However, reading many news+info, reviews and others, I've been asking myself...

...do you ever feel limited by your phone? And by this I mean:
-Not having a file explorer/having issues saving stuff
-Not having a proper FB experience (but yeah, the webapp works for me as well, as an Android user)
-Not having some (free!) apps such as a FLAC media player, a proper music player (taking into consideration the lack of scribbling in the music player - ignoring the Lumia range).
-Possibly other limitations. As far as I understood, notifications are coming soon, hopefully looking really nice.

Ever feel the need to go to Android/Symbian?
Ever feel the need to just have a mini-computer akin to Windows XP?
Ever feel the need to have other competing browsers? Apps?

I don't wanna be a troll, I think that in this moment ALL OSs are awesome, but I am curious about WP8.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Come to think of it my boxers are feeling a little tight today. Its limiting my normally exceptional prowling abilities.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
No, I don't feel limited by anything really.

If I want to do one of the handful of things I might want to do that I can't, I have a Nexus 7 tablet for that. Most of those things I'd rather do on a tablet than a phone anyway. I like the super clean and orderly smooth performance of WP for a small screened device like a phone that is a mission critical communications device that must be 100%.

Android is too loose and sloppy for a phone, but it makes a great tablet OS where I can tolerate more slop in exchange for more capabilities, i.e. access to filesystem, ability to play certain video types etc. The kinds of things I don't have any need to do on a phone anyway.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
This is how I feel about the platforms in general as they relate to women:
iOS: She's cute. She'll go out with you to many places and never embarrass you. But her likes include scrapbooking, kittens and that's about it. Spend enough time with her and you'll want to end your life with a rusty spoon.

Google/Android: She can be hotter than a june bride and then turn around and look like she has been through a war. If she's hot, you'll be kind of nervous around her because you notice a twitch she sometimes exhibits - which suggests her head is full of snakes.

Windows Phone: Hot, nerdy but if you take her to a wedding, she'll most likely trip at the reception and knock over the wedding cake. In definite need of finishing school.

BB10: The one in the corner looking sad because she's alone. She's good looking enough, but there are rumours of her "past" so most are afraid to approach her.

***The above was made in jest. No offense was intended to any of our wonderful female contributors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa