Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by koolrosh View Post
    I see more Blackberries than Windows Phones.
    I see more Androids then Blackberries. So what's your point?

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesDax3 View Post
    I see more Androids then Blackberries. So what's your point?
    I see more Androids than iPhones, Blackberries and Windows Phones combined.

But I still see more Blackberries than Windows Phones.

Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by koolrosh View Post
    I see more Androids than iPhones, Blackberries and Windows Phones combined.

But I still see more Blackberries than Windows Phones.
    I don't know. Might have something to do with Blackberries being on the market longer then Windows Phone. Like 7 years longer.

smdh

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    I doubt that the BBs you see in public are eight-year-old ones. They're most likely relatively recent Curves, Bolds and Torches.

Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    I doubt that the BBs you see in public are eight-year-old ones. They're most likely relatively recent Curves, Bolds and Torches.
    It's more about the time BB had over Windows Phone to build market share.

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Microsoft's first serious attempt to enter the consumer market started two months ago with the launch of Windows 8, WP8 and Surface. It's too early to know if it's going to be successful, but clearly is not being easy.
    I think the products need another iteration to reach the quality needed to compete at the same level with iOS and Android, but hopefully this breed of products is good enough to grab respectable market share.

Microsoft has to change a lot to be successful in the consumer market, for example, product cycles are too long, good thing for the corporate market but frustrating for consumers that always want the latest and greatest thing.
    Another problem is the price of the products, historical margins of the pc industry are high compared to the mobile. But if Microsoft and partners prices lower the tablets, these will cannibalize the more profitable laptop and PC market.

A big advantage for Google and Apple is that they don't have this big asset to protect, they are free to be agressive and innovate, sort of, and the former more than the latter.

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I don't really care if MS fails on Surface and RT but I do want Windows to continue to dominate. It is the best OS for controlled openess. I don't like the direction they are going with Windows 8 and locking things down but what is the alternative? Does Apple let you install your own GPU or build your own system? But what about Linux? That is uncontrolled openess. I've tried Ubuntu and there are a lot of things that just don't work. It's getting better and hopefully in a few years they could be a real desktop alternative but until they get things as plug and play as Windows, they are not viable. So I don't know where MS will be in 10 years, but if they are not the top OS then, consumers, who tend to be very short sited, might regret the alternatives of closed ecosystems and high prices.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12