01-06-2013, 08:18 AM #27
- 287 Posts
I just laugh at people who bring up microsofts money in the whole 3rd party app situation.
Giving companies money to make apps is insanely dumb and won't solve anything. That would just make other developers not make anything until Microsoft passes them a check.
- 01-07-2013, 02:00 PM #30
Where MS missed the mark is gaming. I think it's important to have a different experience in terms of applications and UI. However, the overall quality and quantity of Xbox Live games is pretty pathetic. How do they not deliver any AAA first party games on their own platform? Gears of War, Halo, Forza, etc. I know it's easily overlooked but how are third party developers supposed to support a platform that MS has seemed to overlook?
When the Xbox Live Arcade launched - especially with XNA, MS touted it as an easily developable platform and it proved correct. Look at the amount of Indie and XBLA games - many of incredible quality. How have they not made it easy or advantageous for developers to port these over to WP? I am not in the know-how as to the ease or difficulty in porting from XBLA to WP but it should be much easier than it appears to be.
- 01-07-2013, 02:12 PM #31
It take times to developer apps and 150,000 is a lot I know it not at the same level as iOS or android but give it a while and companies, developers will start entering apps when they think it time.The craziest member on WPCentral!
SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!
- By saintforlife in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 09-19-2012, 06:13 AM
- By CamiKitti in forum HTC SurroundReplies: 2Last Post: 04-16-2012, 09:23 PM
- By illegaloperation in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 16Last Post: 02-21-2012, 11:50 PM
- By 3migo in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 32Last Post: 10-31-2011, 09:23 PM
- By mtg1974 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 11-14-2010, 08:02 PM