What about HTC update to 7.8?

Josh Judge

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
i just called HTC, they have no intention of releasing the Windows 7.8 UPDATED.

if you want to find out your self, call them. they will tell u it is NOT going to happen!

1-866-449-8358

great_smell_of_brut

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
i just called HTC, they have no intention of releasing the Windows 7.8 UPDATED.

if you want to find out your self, call them. they will tell u it is NOT going to happen!

1-866-449-8358

I really don't know what is going on with HTC.

They seem to be giving their employees bad info as clearly some people, including myself, have force updated their phones to 7.8 via Zune

WPhoner

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
just forced an HTC Surround using a link I found in an article here on WPcentral.
Want Windows Phone 7.8 now? Try this easy tool (Update: Now supports 7720) - Windows Phone Hacker

- started the tool.
- it complained that I didnt have "Developer tools" loaded. BUT it offered to Dload them for me! (I said yes then closed the tool)
- I installed the developer tools that were just dloaded and then restarted the main tool
- a window asking what language packs to install came up -- I confirmed by going to "SETTING -> KEYBOARD" (on the phone) that here in canada, ALL packs are needed --
- I selected all of the checkboxes in the tool.
- I hit the "install WP7.8" button and away it went!

The install takes about 20mins, but it is completely automated.

*NOTE: at one point it kinda looked like it was done.. but it wasnt, make sure you get the alert that "YOUR UPGRADE WAS SUCCESSFUL" before disconnecting your phone like I ALMOST did!

Shout out to Windows Phone Hacker for creating such a great app. Its absolutely flawless!

RadarWP78

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Wphoner - big thanks for directing us to this update tool. I've been looking out for a way to update my HTC Radar for a couple of months now
I have just successfully updated my phone. As stated, it does take 20 mins or so to run, and restarts the phone quite a few times in the process.
Excellent tool, highly recommended :excited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon