01-14-2013, 10:48 PM #1
- 3 Posts
As many of you are aware, our long lasting MSN Messenger is down for the count (except for China) and is to be replaced with Skype.
So does this mean that our Messaging Hub app that is baked in the 7.5 OS will then be obsolete? Do you think that this is an indication that the 7.8 will have Skype running in the background? Is this something that will come as another update before March 15th? Or are we (7.x users) out of luck and will have to upgrade to Windows Phone 8 to have our trusty new Skype chatting app running in the background again? What do you guys think?
Last edited by _Haitian; 02-02-2013 at 03:27 PM.
02-01-2013, 04:39 PM #6
- 28 Posts
As much as I hate to say it... one of the biggest features that I enjoy in the iOS operating system is iMessage. Or just the ability to send messages over WiFi. Messenger has been an awesome alternative, and conveniently syncs with my Windows 8 desktop inside of the Messages hub. With Skype coming, and MSN Messenger leaving, I would absolutely hate to have to use Skype in a Skype app, outside of the Messages hub. Just simply: that would ragingly suck, and I'd probably never use Skype with my iOS and OSX friends.
I guess we'll have to wait and see.
- By jhousden9 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-10-2012, 07:19 PM
- By HeyCori in forum HTC TITANReplies: 6Last Post: 12-08-2011, 08:31 AM
- By velvetelvis in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 09-22-2011, 06:00 PM
- By dtboos in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 8Last Post: 06-02-2011, 10:30 PM
- By Winterfang in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 32Last Post: 05-25-2011, 05:08 PM