Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    Now that I'm aware about the storage limitations on the Surface, how much space can I expect to regain on the Surface Pro by relocating the recovery partition?

I didn't get a Surface RT and some people are saying you will save 8 GB and others 20 GB. Anyone know for sure?
    For sure? No. Allegedly, it is about 15 GB.

Somebody needs to go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management and tell us the size.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by futurix View Post
    Somebody needs to go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management and tell us the size.
    Any surface RT owners care to do This? I guess a partition for W8 Pro would be bigger though.

I have a Surface RT 32GB, and when I booted it for the first time, it had 24GB free. So approximately 8GB are used from the stock apps, partition, and OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Lehtovaara View Post
    Any surface RT owners care to do This? I guess a partition for W8 Pro would be bigger though.
    You are correct, it won't be helpful. RT has 2 recovery partitions: one small 300mb partition and another 3.5gb one. (At least it does on mine) No way Pro uses that little amount of space.