Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By fifthGear
  • 2 Post By WinFan1

Best Smartphones - Business Insider

I say this is progress. Windows Phone IS in the world and people are taking notice. As the saying goes, "where we are is NOT where we're gonna be!"

Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts
    Big deal. They have a non current phone listed (iPhone 4S) and most would be hard pressed to name 11 smartphones to begin with.
    My next phone...

Global Posts
    7,539 Global Posts
    I like how they say: "Well, if you don't know anything about anything, just buy an iPhone 5, that works." and put it on the first place.

But to be honest, that's what I tell people too...
    Last edited by Chregu; 02-04-2013 at 03:06 AM.

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    While I love my windows phone, it's really quite difficult to reccomend to others. I have learned to live with the limitations of the OS and lack of apps. However, I cannot, in good conscience, reccomend it to someone and risk them coming back to me to complain that I reccomended something that lacks what they consider a "need".

I do like to show off my Windows Phone 8 device (Lumia 810). When friends ask for a reccomendation I usually suggest an Android first. I don't ignore WP completely. I do show it to them and show them the great features. But I also try to be honest and objective by letting them know that it cannot do; what the rumors are about upcoming apps with approx time frames (such as Pandora), and what i haven't heard much about (such as VPN support).

Three of my friends have purchased WP devices in spite of my stating that I reccomend Android first. One of these people has regretted his decision. The other two are undecided.
    socialcarpet likes this.

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fifthGear View Post
    While I love my windows phone, it's really quite difficult to reccomend to others. I have learned to live with the limitations of the OS and lack of apps. However, I cannot, in good conscience, reccomend it to someone and risk them coming back to me to complain that I reccomended something that lacks what they consider a "need".

I do like to show off my Windows Phone 8 device (Lumia 810). When friends ask for a reccomendation I usually suggest an Android first. I don't ignore WP completely. I do show it to them and show them the great features. But I also try to be honest and objective by letting them know that it cannot do; what the rumors are about upcoming apps with approx time frames (such as Pandora), and what i haven't heard much about (such as VPN support).

Three of my friends have purchased WP devices in spite of my stating that I reccomend Android first. One of these people has regretted his decision. The other two are undecided.
    i am the same way but i only recommend the iphone and windows phone. i always tell people to be careful with information on google products.
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”- Plato

Thanked by:
    madisonjar and socialcarpet like this.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I haven't read any posts above this one other than the OP, but if they rank the iPhone as number one, I'm going to puke...

Son of a..............

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Looks like another "list" written for the sake of publishing a "list." Does is really mean much coming from Business Insider?
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts

I do essentially the same thing, except I recommend an iPhone. Android is so hit or miss I can't recommend any Android device unless it's a Nexus device personally/.

The iPhone is foolproof and virtually flawless. It's not terribly interesting, but it's an outstanding phone.

You should recommend but also warn that it might not yet have the apps that they need. Recommending against is not a good way to encourage developers to bring apps to WP. The chicken/egg cycle would continue.