Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ag1986 View Post
    You clearly don't work in the tech sector. Any sysadmin who's forced to manage a large Windows fleet (especially those of us who've been around since say 1998) would quite happily burn Redmond down. Not to mention any programmer who's been forced to work in that travesty of a programming language called Visual Basic (VB .NET is better though).
    Not any sysadmin. I've been one for over 15 years and have no gripes with Redmond. Please speak for yourself as you have every right to. But don't assume we all feel that way. I can name many with my view.

You clearly don't work in the tech sector. Any sysadmin who's forced to manage a large Windows fleet (especially those of us who've been around since say 1998) would quite happily burn Redmond down. Not to mention any programmer who's been forced to work in that travesty of a programming language called Visual Basic (VB .NET is better though).
    VB is not that bad. Actually, it's an easy gateway to programming. Granted using it now is like driving a car without powersteering, but it was more than functional.
  3. cgk

Global Posts
    7,830 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post
    I love how some of these guys who claim to not be fanboys only seem to have a problem with MS and anyone that tries to defend MS. I wonder why they aren't going on Android and Apple forums to share their "levelheadedness" with those folks and teach them a thing or two about their biases.
    I've never had an apple device but I'm a member of webOSnation, crackberry and androidcentral* and I've said the same things there - loyalty* to a corporation is the most brain dead thing I could think of - be it loyalty to HP, Microsoft, Blackberry, Google or whoever - it's shows low critical reasoning skills. Problem is that the paradox is that mobile nations doesn't actually have a mobile nations forum where those of us not licking corporate boots or singing the company song can post - so we have to take our pick.

* that forum is just too big, so I rarely post there.

** Product preference is a different thing.
    aximtreo likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by stmav View Post
    Not any sysadmin. I've been one for over 15 years and have no gripes with Redmond. Please speak for yourself as you have every right to. But don't assume we all feel that way. I can name many with my view.
    I gotta second stmav's response here. I am a longtime sysadmin and I got very few issues with them.

I don't. I'm just a regular consumer/user. So maybe that is where the disconnect lies?
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal_planet View Post
    - what horrible event in your past has made you so bitter towards Microsoft products?
    I own a Lumia 920. My bitterness is only towards blind fanboyism verging on stupidity.

Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ammarmalik2011 View Post
    I own a Lumia 920. My bitterness is only towards blind fanboyism verging on stupidity.
    So in order to off set the fanboyism, you counter with posts that consistently rip the o/s. That's just as bad as fanboyism, and in fact only encourage more over the top blind posts, rather than curb them.
    My next phone...

Global Posts
    1,051 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by tomatoes11 View Post
    The only evil company here is the one that has 3 or 4 x profit margin on their phones and 100 billion in the bank. How can people support them knowing they overprice everything and brag about ripping you off at every live Apple event?

I guess only blind fans like Socialcarpet understand why they let Apple get away with huge mark ups.

Sorry, but Apple doesn't rip you off. You rip you off by purchasing their products at high prices for your own reasons. Don't blame Apple if you want to be considered one of the in crowd. Other manufacturers make and sell excellent products at less money so buy from them.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12