Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree216Likes

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    In the team I work with there's a majority of Windows Phones actually. (3x WP7(800/710/Titan), 2xWP8(820), 2x GS3, 1x iPone, 1x Nokia e72)

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I know *one* other guy at work who has one. I recognised it by the Nokia Dubstep tone, and I was right.

Besides my family I have introduced around 10 persons to windows phone. I have seen only a few people with WP on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by bsayegh View Post
    Do you know anyone outside of your immediate family who owns a Windows Phone? I have only seen one WP out in the wild and that person traded her Lumia 900 for an Android phone in like a month. Otherwise I have not seen a single person who owned a WP, but apparently there are a few million of them out there. It makes me wonder where these people are who own them. I assume more people here have a WP, so they must exist, right?
    My friends sister and her husband both have L900s. That's one of the reasons I went to WP. Since they aren't the techiest of people and they loved it, it made me think twice about getting a WP.

Global Posts
    6,217 Global Posts
    There's one person at work with her OG Samsung Focus. I did introduce a few folks to WP though, including a coworker to the 8X...she now likes telling stories of walking around with it and having people instantly recognize it.

In the wild, I see only 920s so far. On the NJ transit trains and MTA subways especially I see mostly iPhones, S3s and Note 2s. like having my 810 because people will ask about the UI. I know we all want the OS to be popular, but I like the feeling of not having the same stuff most people have...

So far I am the only one I know. My brother is still laughing at me for me jumping ship from Android to WP. One of my friends from high school that I haven't seen in forever actually has one. I noticed she posted on Facebook and saw it was from WP, I was all excited lol

I'm the only one, every where I go, everyone around me has either an iPhone, Android or a BB
    I know three people, though one of them is immediate family; my mum, after trying out my Omnia 7, decided to get an HTC Mozart (she wanted a smaller handset). After seeing my Lumia 920, she immediately wanted one, so she's since upgraded to one. A friend of mine bought an Omnia 7 because he liked mine, and is going to upgrade to a 920 next month. Another friend bought an HTC 8S as a second phone so he could earn extra achievements (he's mad for bloody achievements!).

I've not seen any out 'in the wild', but then I never really notice what other people are carrying.

i got about 7 of my friends to switch lol including my 3 roommates. nokia and wp8 FTW!
    I can confirm more than 5 of my friends are using a WP device and all of them are Nokia. Here in Malaysia, they're slowly getting some attention and even at the shopping malls, I can see some people using Lumias but never yet seeing anybody using the Samsung ATIV or HTC 8X/8S...

EDIT: My sister and her friends are switching over to Lumia anytime soon after they played around with my phone. Yeah, they were a serious BlackBerry user.
    Nokia Lumia 620 - White
    LeLee092 likes this.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I'm the only one in my IT department with WP8 (8x), there are 4 iphones and 8 androids, but in other departaments I saw one girl with a lumia 920, another user just ordered an 8X and I will make the setup of that phone when arrives...
    BIGPADDY likes this.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Two friends of mine from church now have them. One has a 8X, the other a 822. Both of them said they'll never go back to iPhone or Android again. Both of these guys work in IT. My wife has a coworker in her clinic (10 total people work at there) and one has what she described as a blue phone like mine, but the tiles were different sizes than mine (I have a Trophy). I take it she was describing a cyan 920 as she's not very techy.

What's cool though, is that these are all W8 phones so they're starting to be noticed. I asked my wife how she even noticed it and she said it was the cyan color that caught her eye then asked her coworker about it. My wife now wants one for herself and doesn't like her Incredible 2 nearly as much as she used to.
    BIGPADDY likes this.

It seems like a lot of the people who own an WP live in Europe and Asia. I live in the US and seeing someone with a WP is like seeing a unicorn. I have seen plenty of ads for them all over the place, so its not a matter of marketing (unless their marketing is just bad). There is a stigma around microsoft in the US, mostly caused by some combination of internet explorer and Windows Mobile. People just assume its going to be crappy or uninventive (or both). Is it kind of the same everywhere else?
    BIGPADDY and LeLee092 like this.

Global Posts
    1,665 Global Posts
    I am the only one in my circle of friends that is using a WP8. Most are using iPhones. I did see an HTC 8x in the wild last week though. I have a feeling we'll be seeing more over the next few months.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phasar View Post
    No, and I would be embarrassed to recommend one to a friend or family member.
    I wish I could like down. Get the **** out.

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    I know one person that has one. But I've still never seen one in the wild. It's starting to get depressing.

I used to be the only WP user in my project which has around 14 people. Now there are two others having WP also.
    When I am outside on smoking break, I do sometimes see a few people in my company also using Nokia 920.

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I've seen two people at school in the hallways with some type of WP7 device (I couldn't really identify them because all I noticed was the screen). That's it. I hope they upgrade to WP8 and don't switch!
    BIGPADDY likes this.

2 coworkers
    1 brother
    2 friends
    > 10 random people at Costco
    > 10 random people at the Microsoft Store (not employees)
    6 random people at AT&T who bought it on the same day as I
    BIGPADDY likes this.

I've spotted several university students with Samsung Focuses and a man with the Lumia 710. I also know one person with an HTC HD7, one with a Lumia 710 and one with a LG Quantum (zero influence from me). I thought I saw 2 Lumia 800s but both turned out to be Nokia N9s :O

I haven't seen any wp8 devices, strangely enough.
    BIGPADDY likes this.

I know three people with last generation Lumias(800 and 900) so converting the Android users continues;).
    BIGPADDY likes this.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    My brother is using my old WP7 -Now 7.8-
    Two friends of mine bought Lumia 920. And i saw four 920's in public i think. Great numbers for Turkey because WP7 never officially launched in here.
    BIGPADDY likes this.

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts
    My friend switched to Lumia 900, other friends are mostly Android users, and I've seen a Lumia 820 in public. Otherwise there aren't so many WPs outside, Slovenia isn't so stuffed with WP.
    Nokia Lumia 920 - Yellow @ WP 8.1 Developer Preview
    BIGPADDY likes this.

Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    A friend of mine has one. Although I dont think she wants to stick with it.
    Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I have an 822 from Verizon and am quite pleased with it. It still needs a few more features added but overall I love it. I miss notifications and something has to be done about the volume controls. I don't know of anybody in my circle of friends who has one.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast