Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

I'd take Android as a second phone. Because iPhones are grossly overpriced here. I can live with Androids "beta-feel" more than I can live with Apple sucking my money. But if you haven't limited it to those two. I'd probably take BB Z10 as a second phone.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Prob android but id have to go stock android so a nexus.....but if webos ever comes back im def going back to that!

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Or maybe BlackBerry. Looks pretty sweet.
    Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Android but I would also consider blackberry

Global Posts
    3,322 Global Posts
    Android for sure I am not a big fan of anything Apple.
    I've often joked about going back to a feature phone if MS pulled the plug on WP, but I would likely go Android, or maybe Ubuntu or one of the other new entrants. Maybe Open WebOS. WebOS was awesome.

Edit: Sorry, just read the OP. Android for me, thanks.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Android.

Free wifi tether, more capabilities, WAY easier to do what I want it to do.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    Android used to be my first pick. I've been doing a lot of research into mobile security lately, so now it's my last. And before someone chimes in with that lame old argument that "no dude, that's exaggerated by AV software companies to sell you their products"...

Sorry but no, not really.

iOS, for the excellent library of applications/games. Also, the hardware is pretty nice. I wold tolerate an Android if I had no choice, but since I do have a choice...

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Neither...never owned an Android or an applephone. If I couldn't use WP8 I'd just reactivate my Torch until a "third option" became available...oh wait...BB Z10
    ;-)

iOS, android is too complicated, and blackberry's design is disgusting

Before I got my WP, I was contemplating between it, a Nexus 4 and Note 2..so yeah, Android would be my choice. iOS to me just got dull when the i5 came out. Not really "The biggest thing to happen to iPhone since iPhone".

Hmm at first i thought iPhone since I've never actually experienced it (and I know this sounds dumb but I really like all the designer cases for it) and all my friends have it and i'd be good to try the all the major OS...especially since they're starting to get cheap on a plan
    But I'm on tmobile so iphone is out of the question, I kinda hate Samsung Androids phone (they're the reason androids are coined glitchy and unreliable!) so the only option would be either the Nexus or a HTC (most likely nexus)
    But now I'd be hard pressed not to go with another Windows phone, they've really won me over! :P

Global Posts
    963 Global Posts
    Before I knew windows phones existed I would have said HD2. I tried iOS an it just didn't / doesn't feel personal enough. I feel like my HTC 8X has some more of a home environment at my finger tips.
    - Gamertag -
    the teams Flag

www.FLAGZ.net
    @FlagzTV
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    If it was just WP that had been knocked out it would be BB10.
    If everything except iOS/Android had been knocked out, it would be difficult. I have so many friends (including ALL my best mates, except one) on iMessage, it's unreal. Then again I have an iPod Touch for that. So I would probably go the Note 2 and remove my need for a tablet (I have a HTC Flyer currently, my only choice of upgrade is the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0). Then again, I don't want TouchWiz on a phone and I need an interface that keeps me interested. Which WP and HTC Androids both do brilliantly. HTC because of the OTT and in-your-face Sense, with things like full-screen weather.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    I received a Evo 3D.....no phone service, no texts....just used WiFi to Skype because my HD7 didn't have a FFC....I can't use the screen because an app crashed it....fork Android.
    Sent from my Nokia L810 using Board Express

Global Posts
    7,539 Global Posts
    Android.

There are very nice Android phones out there, and iOS just looks and feels outdated. And I really don't like Apple, so definitely iOS. I wouldn't really like to enter the Google ecosystem though.

iOS.

I like a phone to just work, the missus' iphone works well, is quick, and has all the apps i need.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    If money were no object, most likely an XPERIA Z.
    Actually if money were no object I'd probably buy one right now - though that more has to do with the fact that it is waterproof than for the OS.

In this order,
    I would go back to my Moto Q Windows 6.5.
    But since we are limited to the described options, iOS. I have never had an Apple product, but it would seem the better choice due to longevity

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I would have to confiscate my international Galaxy Note from my daughter. It was my daily driver until I got the L920.

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    android, cause I have a strong dislike of apple, though google is going there fast too.
    As an OS I REALLY like iOS better than android because "it just works" generic apple slogan. Otherwise, the hardware for android would probably make me want to go to it just because the screens are so much larger. It funny that my 1.5 year old focus S has a larger screen than the iphone 5 does with its "HUGE 4" screen". Seriously I'd get like a note 2 or something. I hope windows phone for the MWC gets a phablet...that would be nice as I'm due for an upgrade in like 6 months.

Painful as it is to say it, it would have to be boring old, outdated IOS for me but only because I wouldn't trust Google with my data or Android with anything needing security. I suppose I could use Siri so that I didn't have to look at the pig-ugly antiquated UI too often!

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgk View Post
    When people talking about 'glitchy mess' I have to wonder when they lasted used an android device - I've had a nexus 7 for a few months and it and the apps are rock-steady, my wife has a nexus 4 and that is rock-steady as well.
    I currently have a Galaxy S3 and Xyboard 8.2. My old personal phone before my 8X was the LG Intuition. I've carried the Razr M and Incredible 4G for about 2 weeks prior to their launch. Before my S3 I had a Rezound. I will never pay money for another Android device.

I think I would like a Nexus though. Too bad Verizon will probably never have one again.
    RSM for VZW
    Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast