Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Android just for the simple reason that it has all the main apps that iOS and its more customizable too.
    And well Android because, well, I hate Apple
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaj324 View Post
    iOS for the apps.
    Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express
    Scratch that. I'd go to Android. iOS is the most boring phone os ever developed. Sure, it works well but it is too bland for me.
    Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

I am really spoiled by Live Tiles, and would need a more customizable home page with ready access to data. Android has a better handle on that than ios right now.

Android, because I am not a ******.

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Lol I see the word better when the words that should actually be there are I like it better. Better is tentative. But for me without WP easily say I'd have an iPhone because there is an ecosystem for it and it isn't made by **** buckets named google.
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”- Plato

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DontHate707 View Post
    I've contemplated this before because sprint doesn't have any wp8 devices, ios is way more usable and compatible with everything but I do like the big screens and customization of android. I guess I'd get a nexus everyone has iPhones there lame now.
    Really? And no one has and android?
    Thanked by:
    aubreyq likes this.

I'd go back to my Nokia E71.
    I will stop using mobile phones and live under a rock...
    or some company like I-mate comes to the rescue

Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Well , I just came to Windows Phone !
    but if i had to pick , it will iOS
    "I just left Android & I ain't going back !!!!!"
    Even though the Xperia Z is super sexy !

I will choose iOS. It just works. No need to worry whether my phone gets updated and the dedication by Apple to bring the best experience as compared to Android.

But then since there is Windows Phone... why would I choose anything else?

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Ehm... I'll go for the green robot, because i'm not a hipster.

I would give android a try, for the freedom of the OS. I had a iPhone before WP and there's a reason they call it "jailbreak your iPhone". Apple really imprisons' you to their OS.

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Android. Probably the next Note.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

I would have to go back to ios sadly

iOS because of the consistency of updates and the ease of use. My first smartphone was an Android Phone and the UI was slow and frustrating.
    Thanked by:
    Android...it is less frustrating than Apple. Apple burned me back with the iphone 3g. All of the new software updates starting with the 3gs and 4 ran horribly on the older iphone, and Apple new it. Their answer was "buy the newer model." My phone basically became useless and it was only 1 year old. Apple can operate like that because there are so many fans that want to buy a new device every year. I think it is terrible customer relations.
    Android is much more versatile, though you get stuck with waiting for the carrier to update your specific device.

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Seeing as how I have an Apple TV and iPad, I'd prefer the iPhone over ANY Android product. I will never own an Android device. I appreciate Apple's dedication to making dependable updates/support. Just look at Android.....the majority of Android devices aren't even currently using the JB update. You never know when/if your device will receive the latest OS, therefore considerably shortening the applicable "life" of the device you buy. With Apple, I know my device is good for at least 2 OS annual updates.
    "Rangers Lead the Way!"
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I own all 3 systems already but only use my 920 daily; occasionally when needed my iPhone 5 (I have 2 lines active for these phones so no sim switching)

Last resort if I need a phone for some reason I have a S3.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    I already switched to iOS because I felt WP8 under-delivered (at the moment), however my son's Galaxy S3 gives me screen-size envy so I...ugh, hate to say it...wouldn't mind the Galaxy S4 or the new HTC One. I'm looking forward to returning to Windows Phone one day.

Off topic: the screen size thing is something Apple cannot sit there and ignore forever. There is a market out there for those big screens.
    dgr_874 likes this.

Android is winning the battle it seems... At least if I counted correctly!
    iOS - 21
    Android - 37

For me, I'd rather go back to a dumb phone, but I guess I would have to choose iOS even though the UI would make me want to bash my head in every morning when I wake up. It would probably be better than wanting to claw my eyes out every time I pull my Android out of my pocket.

So, iOS - 22
    Thanked by:
    aubreyq likes this.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMystery View Post
    ... I would have to choose iOS even though the UI would make me want to bash my head in every morning when I wake up.
    I can relate, LOL!

BTW, funny that you didn't bother counting Blackberry votes. That should be a sign of things to come for that platform

Actually, I would give Ubuntu a try, so neither iOS nor Android :P

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    My gf got me a GNEX for christmas so I guess I already switched. I just wanted to try something else and I didnt like the direction and effort I saw from Microsoft regarding WP8. I don't like Apple but it is so funny to see the immature comments about a company that basically turns out the most reliable os with really really good hardware. With that said I always thought that WP was going to be the happy medium between the two but MS just keeps effin it up........

But if I had to switch again......give me webOs in a Nexus 4 body please....oh jesus

Global Posts
    503 Global Posts
    If not WP I would get a Samsung Galaxy Note II.

Android. I sometimes wish for a little more control over my phone.

But realistically, my last phone lasted long after most its functions became obsolete. I may end up using my WP for another 3 years, regardless of whether or not it is supported.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast