will things get better for Windows Phone?

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand you correctly, but if I did, then almost every one of those statements is wrong:

1) Ignoring Nokia's supply issues, the Lumia 920 is available almost everywhere in the world. In only two countries (that I am aware of) is the Lumia 920 exclusive to specific carriers.
2) You can walk into almost any telecom shop in the western world and pick up the Lumia 920. Again, only in two countries is this otherwise.
3) World wide, the overwhelming majority of sales are made at the low end! Only in western continental Europe and the U.S. do high end devices make major contributions to sales volume.

Yes I'm speaking State side. Doesn't make it good or bad, the point is there is a slew of low and middle end WP8 devices yet just two "world wise that are high end" state side it's one. So if your a high end user your shafted into the high priced AT&T network if you want a WP8 device. In a few days we will a slew of high end Android devices and a few low middle end WP8 devices.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
A low end Windows phone will run faster & smoother than a low end Android (I had both), but in the end I still think the Android offers a better experience. It will still do most of the functions of an Android, but a Windows Phone still has the functionality limits of a Windows Phone.

Plus the ever so often apps for you iPhone android device. how long can MS keep saying coming soon? if all Nokia can do is low and middle end devices what is the point for high end users the choice is getting clear every day and it's not WP8 and that pisses me off I like the OS but as a high end user it's just not there.

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I always liked the Windows OS. But there are apps that I use everyday that are just not there.
It's sad, because for such a stable, well laid out, and buttery smooth OS.
The lack of apps is going to keep them running in place.

dba415

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Its not even about the amount of apps missing either, the apps that are there are a lot of times better on android and ios. If you are coming from another platform its annoying.

Jalik

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm WP user for a year now and while my concern about the windows ecosystem was increasing over that year, I have to say that lately my confidence was growing. I receive more and more relevant feature updates for the apps I use, I love my new WP8 device and everything feels like its getting better and better. Developer interest seems to increase slowly. Today I'd say, WP might not grow beyond 10% market share the next two years (that would be about 50% Apple I guess), but it is about to develop into a solid OS. One I might recommend to my friends.

WPFanboy

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Well we all know that the apps and notification center is the big reason people *****. They are obviously fixing it.
Well, having a notification center is the only reason i'm not switching yet, and some apps, so yeah, WP8 is perfect, it just needs a notification center, is it really that hard? apps will come by time. I heard Blue won't bring a Notification center so untill then, i'm sticking to my iPhone.

clbarker10

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Its rate of progression is dependent on hopefuls like you and I. You have just made a point by posting this that there is a growing concern and people like us here at WP Central are focused and ready to influence others. I've converted a few family members already :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon