What to do (internal debate of a windows fan)

RosscoPeecho

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I was a Microsoft ****** until I am recently thinking about where my loyalties lie. I had a Palm Treo during WM days and I am starting to think the windows we see today is more similar to iOS than it is to Android. Seeing the capabilities, hardware, specs, and apps of Android and iOS is starting to depress me when I look at my WP and since I'm up for an upgrade/carrier change (I'm on Sprint) I'm starting to question what I want to do.

I have always used everything Windows. I'm talking PC, Zune, Zune HD, Xbox, Xbox 360, Palm Treo, and now my aging HTC Arrive. I was even on the verge of getting a Surface RT only to receive an iPad 64GB with AT&T in the 11th hour for free due to my sisters connection with an Apple employee.

This is when I started to question why I am exactly so loyal to even convince people to jump ship. I would never spend 700 bucks on my iPad but it is a solid device with an absolutely lovely marketplace with insane app support when comparing to WP. Don't get me wrong I'm fine with my store but when I see my friends and even my parents playing games together that I can't play or use then I start to wonder what's important. I was under the assumption that this would eventually change and it sort of is but my point is that 2 years is an eternity in tech time especially for someone like me who loves every new thing.

i am also bitter that they changed the whole Zune system. Why call it Xbox music? That just seems dumb to me and they don't even allow it to be used on Windows 7. Also throwing out basically every early WP device by revamping for WP8 is a real mess up since Apple has managed to avoid that problem quite effectively.

Theres more issues and I'm probably just regurgitating everything else everyone else is saying but I just wanted to say it in my own writing. I'm not saying I'm done with windows but having to switch my carrier for a phone platform which hasn't really rewarded me seems a bit ridiculous. Heck I had to update my arrive all the way from 7220. I love my ecosystem but when I thought my iPad would disrupt it, it didn't really other than slight lack of support for skydrive. Even Skype and Xbox Smartglass are solid on this tablet. It sucks at productivity but **** I didn't get it for that anyways.

Point is, I'm at a point where I have to decide where to go. Apple isn't a terrible idea but I don't like the iPhones size much and the OS and the company seems a bit stagnant and not very innovative lately. Android has some seriously solid hardware, using quad cores when windows has just started using dual (not that windows needs quads cuz it just doesn't. It also has a ton of options and I am intrigued by the Note 2 and how impressive it can't be. I am honestly wanting to stay with my WP and I never thought I would be considering other devices but sometimes being a ****** isn't as great when you can surround yourself with the best of each tech and be happy.

Wow didn't mean to write this much sorry about that. Thanks for your time, I hope some of you can see where I'm coming from and give me some feedback and your thoughts.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Go ahead and get whatever you want now. At MS' current pace, it will be two years before WP8 comes close to anything Apple or Android offer. I am giving WP8 until May, when my upgrade is due, If I don't see HUGE improvements I'm going Android. And I'm not talking one update to fix one problem. The whole OS is a unfinished mess. Life is too short to wait on MS to get moving and it will be two years before it matures enough to contend. I really hate saying that as I love W8 and RT, but its true. WP8 is a complete mess and until MS wants to fully support the OS, its going to stay that way. In two years, if WP8 is still around, it will be a contender.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
You should use whatever suits you best. You shouldn't have loyalty to any brand but rather just look at the features you like and the features you don't like for each type of device. There is no need to get dramatic or spend hours thinking about it because at the end of the day it's just a phone.

The whole OS is a unfinished mess... WP8 is a complete mess...

You're killing me! :grin:

RosscoPeecho

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
It may be worth spending hours thinking about it when I spend hours upon hours on my phone over the course of a two year contract. Each phone becomes more integral to my daily existence and the last thing I want is buyers remorse after committing another two years. Just not sure WP has what it takes for me anymore. I love it but I hate it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs