Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By stmav
  1. gapost's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    773 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,859 Global Posts
       #1  
    I want to see a sort by time (day/last week/month/year etc) in Bing. I use this all the time in Google and would be happy to switch to Bing if they had this.

    On Outlook.com, I would be happy to use this instead of Gmail if I could put pictures in the Contacts. Win8 and WP have the nice People Hub and it does a good job of showing pictures, but I use Google Contacts because I want people's pictures (well, most of my contacts) to show up instead of blank squares. Yes, I know it picks up FB and Twitter, etc, but some of those pictures are stupid.

    Is is just me, or are things like this keeping others from jumping into MS ecosystem with both feet?
  2. WinFan1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    283 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    I want to see a sort by time (day/last week/month/year etc) in Bing. I use this all the time in Google and would be happy to switch to Bing if they had this.

    On Outlook.com, I would be happy to use this instead of Gmail if I could put pictures in the Contacts. Win8 and WP have the nice People Hub and it does a good job of showing pictures, but I use Google Contacts because I want people's pictures (well, most of my contacts) to show up instead of blank squares. Yes, I know it picks up FB and Twitter, etc, but some of those pictures are stupid.

    Is is just me, or are things like this keeping others from jumping into MS ecosystem with both feet?
    why dont you just export contacts from google and import them to outlook shouldnt that transfer everything including a picture?
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”- Plato

  3. stmav's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,685 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    #3  
    I don't need a sort by time, so it doesn't bother me. But if you have to have it.

    Hopefully the adding a picture to contacts will be added soon. It has come up on the Microsoft forums and has been forwarded to the Outlook people many times. Fortunately my family has hotmail or live accounts and their pictures are there. And I can remember what most of my contacts look like, some I wish I couldn't.
    a5cent likes this.
  4. Daniel Ratcliffe's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,821 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,477 Global Posts
    #4  
    Sort by time? How do you achieve this on Google?

    And as for Bing, yeah that would be useful. It works on People Hub on W8/WP so that's enough for me, but I think it is already there on Outlook. Could be wrong though. Perhaps it just requires a sync from either WP or W8.

    "Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
  5. stmav's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,685 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    #5  
    Nope, he's right, it's not a feature of outlook.com unless the contact has a hotmail/outlook/live account with a picture in the profile. Like I said, there have been many suggestions sent to the team to add this feature.
  6. gapost's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    773 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,859 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    Sort by time? How do you achieve this on Google?

    .
    When you do a search in Google, at the top is Search Tools. It lets you filter the results by any time, past hour, past 24 hours, past week, past month, past year. Super useful and I use it all the time.
  7. gapost's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    773 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,859 Global Posts
       #7  
    And you can't even import a photo into an Outlook.com contact if you wanted to. At least you can do that with multiple ways of importing in Google.

    I mean, they make a big deal of using Outlook over Gmail, and it doesn't have the features. I could list a bunch of things just in the Contacts. Categories is another thing. How about custom labels for the fields?

    Someone is smoking crack at MS if they think Outlook.com is better than Google. I would love to get away from Google, but they just have too many features. So for now, will keep syncing Google to my WP.
  8. KingCrimson's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    631 Posts
    #8  
    Bing image search has all the filters, but not regular search for some reason.
  9. Villain's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    665 Posts
    Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    #9  
    I agree with the Bing search by date. I prefer Bingover google BUT I tend to use google for searching articles and new just because of the search by date option missing from bing
  10. sentimentGX4's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    241 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,096 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Someone is smoking crack at MS if they think Outlook.com is better than Google. I would love to get away from Google, but they just have too many features. So for now, will keep syncing Google to my WP.
    Thr Office Web apps put Outlook.com way ahead of GMail. (Some people don't care and but people who do care a lot.) Pictures on contacts is aesthetics.
  11. gapost's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    773 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,859 Global Posts
       #11  
    And now we have a search by day/time in Bing, on the desktop app!!

Similar Threads

  1. Update to outlook.com and keep purchased apps
    By mtmjr90 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 178
    Last Post: 05-07-2013, 08:32 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-18-2013, 01:26 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-30-2012, 06:48 PM
  4. How to access Outlook.com e-mail with Gmail Live login
    By tgvail in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-17-2012, 09:59 PM
  5. Blackberry User who wants to use a WP as a PMP
    By johnpaul13 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-21-2011, 07:09 PM

Posting Permissions