Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

So I have been trying to switch from gmail to outlook.com. I have given it a month but I am switching back.
    I really like the look of outlook and will maybe try it again in a month or so, but right now it seems much too buggy.
    In the last 48hrs it has been down/off and on for hours at a time. The search functionality almost never works and always asks for me to refresh the page.
    There may be some other oddities that I found but the above are the two deal breakers for me at this point.
    Anyone else had issues or is it just me?

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    I have been using it since it's beta release day and I have not had issues. There was a day when I was not getting an immediate notification on my phone with my @outlook.com email, but that was the only thing that happened. It was fixed.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    I keep outlook.com running on the taskbar all day and haven't seen it down or off. The only time I have a problem with search is if I search for an e-mail that has been deleted. Besides that, no problem.
    Oliver Newell likes this.

I use it as my primary email, and no issues.

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Outlook has worked well for me, since I switched from Gmail. The bugs that has been encountered are accepted as a part of what is expected of something that is brand new.

On the other hand, what does this have to do with a Lumia 920...?
    Oliver Newell likes this.

The search functionality works perfectly for me--I have literally never had an issue. I have also not seen it down--it asked me to refresh one day a few days back but that was the same day as I heard about outlook.com being updated. Enjoy gmail--I have enjoyed not seeing targeted ads as they relate to the content of my emails for the last three months since switching!

Strange? Not sure why my account is different. See below. I currently can not get in and it has been off and on since yesterday.

Problem We're having a problem accessing email. You might not be able to see all your email messages. Feb 21 1:18 PM
    Updates Fixing the problem is taking longer than we hoped. We'll provide an update by Feb 22 3:22 PM. We apologize for the lengthy interruption in service. Feb 22 11:52 AM
    Fixing the problem is taking longer than we hoped. We'll provide an update by Feb 22 11:22 AM. We apologize for the lengthy interruption in service. Feb 22 7:28 AM
    Fixing the problem is taking longer than we hoped. We'll provide an update by Feb 22 7:22 AM. We apologize for the lengthy interruption in service. Feb 22 3:24 AM
    Fixing the problem is taking longer than we hoped. We'll provide an update by Feb 22 3:22 AM. We apologize for the lengthy interruption in service. Feb 21 11:23 PM
    Fixing the problem is taking longer than we hoped. We'll provide an update by Feb 21 11:22 PM. We apologize for the lengthy interruption in service. Feb 21 9:23 PM
    We're still working on the problem and will provide an update by Feb 21 9:22 PM. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience. Feb 21 7:37 PM
    We're working on the problem and will provide an update by Feb 21 7:22 PM. Thank you for your patience. Feb 21 5:22 PM
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    That is odd. Hopefully it's just a glitch with your account and will get fixed soon. Here is a link that you can check to see the status of hotmail and other services.

https://status.live.com/

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Where are you seeing these messages?

Quote Originally Posted by stmav View Post
    That is odd. Hopefully it's just a glitch with your account and will get fixed soon. Here is a link that you can check to see the status of hotmail and other services.

https://status.live.com/

Current status

This page reports on known incidents affecting Microsoft services. If you're experiencing a problem that isn't shown here, please report it.
    Running normally Microsoft account Running normally
    We're aware that there might be some problems with this service. Hotmail
    We're having a problem accessing email. You might not be able to see all your email messages.
    Last updated Feb 22 11:52 AM - View details
    We're aware that there might be some problems with this service. Outlook
    We're having a problem accessing email. You might not be able to see all your email messages.
    Last updated Feb 22 11:52 AM - View details
    Running normally People Running normally
    Running normally Calendar Running normally
    Running normally SkyDrive Running normally
    We're aware that there might be some problems with this service. Connected services
    Customers may not be able to add or edit their Twitter connections as they may receive the error message “The Service is Unavailable” while trying to connect their Microsoft Account to Twitter.
    Last updated Feb 21 8:59 PM - View details
    Running normally Messenger Running normally
    Running normally Family Safety Running normally
    I have never had an issue with outlook.com either. I use search quite often as well.

I remember using Gmail and always having major issues with downtime and I was even locked out of my Gmail for sending multiple emails(10) so yeah I am w you are having so many issues with Gmail :/
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    This is what I get:

Current status

This page reports on known incidents affecting Microsoft services. If you're experiencing a problem that isn't shown here, please report it.
    Microsoft accountRunning normally

HotmailRunning normally

OutlookRunning normally

PeopleRunning normally

CalendarRunning normally

SkyDriveRunning normally

Connected services
    Customers may not be able to add or edit their Twitter connections as they may receive the error message “The Service is Unavailable” while trying to connect their Microsoft Account to Twitter.Last updated Feb 21 7:59 PM - View details

MessengerRunning normally

Family SafetyRunning normally

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Must be something local to your part of the world
    status.jpg

This is what I get:

Current status

https://secure.wlxrs.com/$live.contr...s/is/invis.gifMicrosoft accountRunning normally

https://secure.wlxrs.com/$live.contr...s/is/invis.gifHotmailRunning normally

https://secure.wlxrs.com/$live.contr...s/is/invis.gifOutlookRunning normally

https://secure.wlxrs.com/$live.contr...s/is/invis.gifPeopleRunning normally

https://secure.wlxrs.com/$live.contr...s/is/invis.gifCalendarRunning normally

https://secure.wlxrs.com/$live.contr...s/is/invis.gifSkyDriveRunning normally

https://secure.wlxrs.com/$live.contr...s/is/invis.gifConnected services
    Customers may not be able to add or edit their Twitter connections as they may receive the error message “The Service is Unavailable” while trying to connect their Microsoft Account to Twitter.Last updated Feb 21 7:59 PM - View details

https://secure.wlxrs.com/$live.contr...s/is/invis.gifMessengerRunning normally

https://secure.wlxrs.com/$live.contr...s/is/invis.gifFamily SafetyRunning normally
    I know. When I logout and check status it looks like yours. When I log in it shows what I posted earlier.

No issue here in Maryland, US.

Current status

Microsoft account Running normally

Hotmail Running normally

Outlook Running normally

People Running normally

Calendar Running normally

SkyDrive Running normally

Connected services
    Customers may not be able to add or edit their Twitter connections as they may receive the error message “The Service is Unavailable” while trying to connect their Microsoft Account to Twitter.Last updated Feb 21 8:59 PM - View details

Messenger Running normally
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    If it only shows that when you are logged in, sure points to there being something not right with your account. Or at least that's the impression I get.

If it only shows that when you are logged in, sure points to there being something not right with your account. Or at least that's the impression I get.
    Yes, I agree. I will come back to it in a week or so and see if it has worked itself out.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I must be in the wrong forum. I thought this is the L920 forum. My bad!
    hipporama likes this.

No issues for me. I use both the web based interface and outlook.. works very well overall. I also have it set up as my exchange account on my phone..
    I haven't experience any problems. I started using my Hotmail account exclusively when I bought my first Zune I think in 2008.

I find outlook to be much better than Gmail, hands down better.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

I started using outlook.com a couple months after getting my 920. I have enjoyed for the most part. I have always struggled with the search functionality of it.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    With any luck whenever they fix what is wrong with your account, it clears up your search issues as well.
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I prefer Outlook over Gmail. It's much easier on the eyes and you can block email addresses. The only spam I've had has been me testing the account.

I agree. Outlook has won be over. Goodbye Gmail!
    gmail is unusable to me....clutter in the interface, threaded message is confusing as ****...and ads everywhere makes it even more uglier. Outlook.com is by far the best version of microsoft mail service I have ever used, compare to hotmail live, outlook.com has improved even more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast