Give me some faith in WP8..

nube_android

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I love my Lumia 920, but keep hearing and reading negative comments about how the build quality sucks, WP is dying, Nokia will die etc, and I am thinking about taking it back for an Android. I just can't decide! Will WP just remain a niche player with no apps forever? I don't know, I just need some encouragement. Keep me from switching back to android!

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I say don't let all the negativity around here get to you. Android has had this same issue (lack of apps) until 2011 and still does in some areas so the app situation will improve.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Just enjoy the phone whip you have it. I have been a windows user for a while, but has and android, iPhone, pre, blackberries, windows mobile 5, 6,6 5, 7,8... Who knows where we will be next year.

WP8 is amazing for me. SkyDrive, office, the camera on my 920, endomondo lol, Nokia here, etc. I am very happy. Usability, I crush my friends with iPhones almost all the time with pure functionality.

Make it yours.

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I've had a Droid X and iOS. WP8 is the best OS for me. Many people have different opinions, but if WP is the best for you then don't let detractors get to you. I enjoy the OS experience with WP, something I couldn't say with iOS or Android which I think is more defined by skinning, cooked ROMs and apps. The apps are coming in, but that's just icing on the cake.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
OP, as long as your 920 does exactly what you bought it for very well, and you've never had any hardware problems with it, just block out all the yammering from those who needlessly bash the platform using sounds from the videos shot with that class leading camera.

Remember that many of the Android folks who bash WP8 would spend days having orgasms flashing ROMs on the 920 hardware wise if Android was on it. You've got a good piece of tech, man. As much as I like the versatility of my Galaxy Nexus, whenever I use my Lumia 810, I'm constantly reminded of hardware + software wise why I chose WP8 as my primary OS...it just works in such a smooth and well blended kinda way.

Last edited:

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I love my Lumia 920, but keep hearing and reading negative comments about how the build quality sucks, WP is dying, Nokia will die etc, and I am thinking about taking it back for an Android. I just can't decide! Will WP just remain a niche player with no apps forever? I don't know, I just need some encouragement. Keep me from switching back to android!

If I was in your position, I would take it back. The platform is lacking a time table and doesn't have anything concrete. When that happens you kinda have to ask yourself, can i trust it as things are going so far?

I don't like to be lied or constantly told its coming.

And don't start the bs with me as i have spent $50 + on both my phone and windows 8.

So i yeah you are in a lucky position. If you start to miss WP, just skin your android to look like it.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Foroplex

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. It was a typo that's now fixed. You'd figure I'd get a break with all the bad spelling on WPCentral...

One letter, and it changed the whole meaning of the thread, that was all. I missed the typo'd bit, didn't see it until now, but yeah, with some of the mega burps I've seen over on the news articles, you would think you'd catch a break.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
One letter, and it changed the whole meaning of the thread, that was all. I missed the typo'd bit, didn't see it until now, but yeah, with some of the mega burps I've seen over on the news articles, you would think you'd catch a break.

Yeah, well i guess those are the breaks. Still, if the OP doesn't want his 920, he can send it to me and I will surely put it to good use...love the phone but not interested in AT&T...

WPhantom

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Coming from a long time power user(root user) of Android. Android app store is full of duplicate apps. And still many apps are chinese and not useful, use Gingerbread SDK and has old sucky UI, feels cheap even after owning a phone with Jellybean. I'm recently switching to WP8. I have been a long time Android ****** and been bashing WP8. Android is good, but unless Google starts controlling it, I'm not moving back.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. It was a typo that's now fixed. You'd figure I'd get a break with all the bad spelling on WPCentral...

Sorry bout that. I was just joking :) my post was taking your post way out of context.

As far as bad spelling goes, I'm one of the worst offenders. :/

nube_android

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a long time power user(root user) of Android. Android app store is full of duplicate apps. And still many apps are chinese and not useful, use Gingerbread SDK and has old sucky UI, feels cheap even after owning a phone with Jellybean. I'm recently switching to WP8. I have been a long time Android ****** and been bashing WP8. Android is good, but unless Google starts controlling it, I'm not moving back.

Tell me about it now.

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I love my Lumia 920, but keep hearing and reading negative comments about how the build quality sucks, WP is dying, Nokia will die etc...

Don't take all the negative stuff so seriously. It's the Internet after all. You can find negative comments about kittens, rainbows, and Mother Teresa on the Internet. There are probably websites dedicated to bashing each of those things. If you own a 920 then you know that the build quality doesn't suck. It's arguably the best built phone on the market right now. You also know that Nokia has created a solid product so there is no need for Nokia to die (they are profitable again as of their last earnings report).

WP is just getting started and while MS doesn't beat their chest like some other companies, it's clear to me that they are committed to the WP platform. Do you think they revamped the iconic start menu UI in Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, and Xbox 360 to match WP live tiles just to throw WP away a year or two down the road? Do you think they made the effort to bridge the gap (tablets) in their ecosystem between the desktop/Laptop and WP just to drop WP and create a new gap at a later time? WP may still be lacking some apps and it may have a few rough edges (still smooth compared to android), but make no mistake about it, MS is committed.

I honestly believe that MS has the best overall ecosystem available at the moment and that by this time next year the WP platform is going to be in a much better position. Having said that, I'm very happy with the platform as it stands now and I enjoy being involved with something that is different and innovative.

Last edited:

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Don't take all the negative stuff so seriously. It's the Internet after all. You can find negative comments about kittens, rainbows, and Mother Teresa on the Internet. There are probably websites dedicated to bashing each of those things. If you own a 920 then you know that the build quality doesn't suck. It's arguably the best built phone on the market right now. You also know that Nokia has created a solid product so there is no need for Nokia to die (they are profitable again as of their last earnings report).

WP is just getting started and while MS doesn't beat their chest like some other companies, it's clear to me that they are committed to the WP platform. Do you think they revamped the iconic start menu UI in Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, and Xbox 360 to match WP live tiles just to throw WP away a year or two down the road? Do you think they made the effort to bridge the gap (tablets) in their ecosystem between the desktop/Laptop and WP just to drop WP and create a new gap at a later time? WP may still be lacking some apps and it may have a few rough edges (still smooth compared to android), but make no mistake about it, MS is committed.

I honestly believe that MS has the best overall ecosystem available at the moment and that by this time next year the WP platform is going to be in a much better position. Having said that, I'm very happy with the platform as it stands now and I enjoy being involved with something that is different and innovative.

You can find negativity about the word positive on the internet too. :winktongue:

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Base your decisions on what you want...not what popular consensus is. To me, the "cool" crowd in any topic of discussion aren't really the cool ones. They're the sheep that want to be "part of something." They're all turds, and only your opinion counts.

nube_android

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
You can find negativity about the word positive on the internet too. :winktongue:
Thanks. You made a great point concerning Microsoft redoing almost every business they have to shift towards mobile. I didn't really think about that, and I still have yet to understand why so many Ifans and fandroids stir up trouble on this site, of all of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte